Existing Member?

Paul & Luiza´s World Tour

Greece - Athens .. Acropolis Now!!!!

GREECE | Monday, 2 August 2010 | Views [846]

After a 6 hour boat trip (Blue Star Ferries) from Naxos we are off to Athens for 3 days. We caught up with our best mates from Brazil,(Katia, Andre and Duda) for a 2 day whirlwind tour of the Acropolis, the Archaelogical Museum, Hadrian's Arch, Temple of Zeus and Syntagma (Parliament Square). Had a ball but nearly melted (really hot). Stayed at ok hotel (Vienna Hotel - basic but would recommend due to location) Lots of drug dealers and working girls around the place but seems pretty safe as all the touristic hotels are in this area. Had a really nice lunch at meat & fish markets and found a lovely place across the road from the marker with cold beer and great gyros. The views from the Acreopolis at night are breathtaking, can't miss it! Go up to the bar at the Dorian Inn Hotel for a drink and enjoy it. After 3 days, we took the train on Sunday morning to Istanbul. The train is fine and has a sleeper car for 2 people, pretty cool stuff, however, be prepared for immigration and customs to keep you awake between 2.30 and 5.30am. Istanbul here we come!!!

Tags: sightseeing

 

About pauluiza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Greece

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.