Existing Member?

Paul & Luiza´s World Tour

Andorra La Vella & Andorra, Andorra

ANDORRA | Monday, 17 April 2023 | Views [52]

Andorra La Vella & Andorra, Andorra - our 73rd country & counting, shop till you drop

We are tired but happy as we've decided to stay in Andorra for 3 days, a little break from the grueling schedule. We check in at the Hotel San Eloi, it's seen better days but still comfortable with a very nice buffet breakfast, 54euros, costing more on weekends, and relax for the day so we have some energy tomorrow to explore this new, for us, country. We wake up in the morning and it's so windy, we overdress and regret it the rest of the day as it heats up. We go out to visit Andorra La Vella, which is quite plain but it's situation in a valley surrounded by the  snowy mountains of the Pyrenees, quite makes up for it. After a bit of sightseeing we check out the very famous Andorra duty free shopping. The duty free shopping is great for tobacco and alcohol but not much else unless you're after name brands etc. Petrol is also much cheaper than anywhere else in Europe, so it's time to fill up. Sorry to disappoint you guys but give me some shopping in Spain anytime. Big fan of both Mercadona and El Corte Inglês Outlets (centro de oportunidades), seriously. The actual Andorran consumerism frenzy in times of a global crisis is kinda depressing, people clutching shopping bags like there's no tomorrow... but hey, did I mention the gorgeous valley surrounded by snowy mountains? Anyway, it's a skiing and shopping destination but we'll try to get some mountain hiking out of it. We wake up in the morning and we are supposed to go for a hike but then we read about it and it's over 2,300 metres high so it's back to the drawing board. I look at Paul and suggest that we leave today instead of tomorrow, he pauses for a moment then says ok let's go. After packing up and having another buffet breakfast, we make our way back to Spain. The hotel was paid for an extra day but who cares. Andorra was not really our vibe but it's worth the visit financially speaking.

 

Add your comments

(If you have a travel question, get your Answers here)

In order to avoid spam on these blogs, please enter the code you see in the image. Comments identified as spam will be deleted.


About pauluiza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Andorra

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.