Existing Member?

VagabondsUSA "TRAVEL IS FATAL TO PREJUDICE, BIGOTRY AND NARROW MINDEDNESS." MARK TWAIN

Lost in Space

USA | Thursday, 24 March 2022 | Views [177]

The Infinite Houston, Virtual Reality and the ISS

The Infinite Houston, Virtual Reality and the ISS

GREG AND LAURA THOUGHT WE MIGHT like to see The Infinite, a virtual reality experience that puts you on the International Space Station. Well, they both worked with NASA on the space program in Houston before they retired so it didn’t take much arm-twisting, actual or virtual, even though we had always believed that “virtually reality” was an oxymoron. 

n

              John preparing to boldly go . . . 

With VR units clamped tightly to our noggins we virtually floated though—and outside of—the ISS, watching and listening to the crew as they tended to their daily chores. The views of Earth, the Aurora, the Milky Way and the ISS itself are truly amazing and you experience everything that astronauts do, including vertigo. Everything except micro-gravity. 

b

                   Earth and the ISS

b

                     Dressed for Success

m

                       A Walk on the Wild Side

Actually you are walking in a dark, barren 12,000 square foot warehouse kitted out with the highest of high-tech. And while you know the floor is solid concrete the virtual you feels as if another step will plunge you spinning into the void. Holding hands is highly recommended!

n

                     While Virtually Amazing, Actually we looked pretty silly

n

                          Mission Accomplished and Back on Earth

For us it was a one-time thing. Greg and Laura have done it twice and had a different experience each time. The creators claim that each 60-minute visit will feel different. The Infinite will be in Houston for only a few weeks more but you can look for Infinite in Seattle and LA in the future. Do Not Miss It!

 

About graynomadsusa

The Vagabonds at Cobh, Ireland

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.