Existing Member?

VagabondsUSA "TRAVEL IS FATAL TO PREJUDICE, BIGOTRY AND NARROW MINDEDNESS." MARK TWAIN

Musical Instrument Museum

USA | Tuesday, 29 December 2020 | Views [379]

Connie and Paul, Musical Instrument Museum

Connie and Paul, Musical Instrument Museum

PAUL TENDS TO FORGET THAT WE HAVE visited him in Arizona before—five times if memory serves. This year we're here to support him through the best and worst of the holiday season, not to be entertained. But Paul, who can’t help being the perfect-host, nice-guy and now tour-guide, insisted we visit the Ray Copper Mine and the Musical Instrument Museum. The mine wasn’t such-a-much but the Museum was a big Wow! 

v

   Music—Language of the Soul

                        n

                          Without Cultural Boundaries

                                                   n

                                                        For every taste                                                                                               

Paul has been playing the trumpet for almost as long as I can remember. He was one of the “buglers” at the daily flag-raising, a member of the Marching Band and Symphonic Orchestra in high school and still plays from Arizona via Zoom for church services in Vermont. Connie played baritone and marched in her Constantine (MI) HS band and can pick out a tune on the piano. John doesn’t read a note of music and can’t stay on key even on a kazoo.

n                

                   đźŽ¶ There are places I remember... đźŽ¶

Each of us thoroughly enjoyed MIM in his own way. Paul is a member and this was his umpteenth visit so he sent us out to explore on our own. Both Connie and I marveled at instruments from so many countries we have visited and wished we had spent more time listening when we were there. Maybe next time around.

n

        It's Gotta Be Conn

                           n

                               Conn Musical Instruments

                                                         n

                                                            From the mind of Dr. Seuss?

Connie was drawn to the Conn Musical Instrument display. Not only did her horn came from Conn, as do both of Paul’s, but the company is based in Elkhart, IN just across the border from Constantine. Besides Conn, I think only Dr. Seuss could concoct some of the instruments on display. 

m

                      Get your kicks on Route 66

They finally found me listening in the Jazz and Blues sections and getting my kicks from Ella’s sheet music for Route 66.

 

About graynomadsusa

The Vagabonds at Cobh, Ireland

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.