Existing Member?

VagabondsUSA "TRAVEL IS FATAL TO PREJUDICE, BIGOTRY AND NARROW MINDEDNESS." MARK TWAIN

The Road to Recovery

USA | Monday, 27 July 2020 | Views [171]

The Road to Recovery

The Road to Recovery

HOPE AND CROSBY TRAVELED MANY ROADS TOGETHER—to Singapore and Zanzibar, Morocco and Rio, Bali and Hong Kong and even Utopia.  Connie and I have also traveled those roads—we still haven't found Utopia—but for me, none has been more troublesome than the Road to Recovery.

nn

       S-T-R-E-T-C-H

Medicare provides for twice-weekly Physical Therapy sessions with Sarah.  She appears to be one of the most sensitive of the therapists, a blessing in my eyes, and spends a lot of time massaging my shoulder and forcibly increasing the range-of-motion.  She trusts the grunt work—repeated sets of many reps of flexibility and strength exercises—for my daily hour of at-home therapy so only Connie hears my moans and groans and my musical choices, Ravel's Bolero and Rite of Spring by Stravinsky. 

MM      nn

  Pulley stretch, a mainstay            Finger-walk, harder than it looks

Just as I become comfortable with one routine, she adds another exercise that pushes me further along.  The most difficult ones, surprisingly, look the easiest like the “finger walk” up a wall to full extension.  Just today she added free-weights, if a one-pound dumbbell qualifies.  For home exercise I use a can of diced tomatoes and hope soon to graduate to family-size mushroom soup.

n

                  Progress, one can at a time

Such are the milestones on the Road to Recovery.

About graynomadsusa

The Vagabonds at Cobh, Ireland

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.