Existing Member?

VagabondsUSA "TRAVEL IS FATAL TO PREJUDICE, BIGOTRY AND NARROW MINDEDNESS." MARK TWAIN

On The Town

USA | Tuesday, 14 July 2020 | Views [232]

On the town with Tim and Candice

On the town with Tim and Candice

EXCEPT FOR HAIRCUTS AND GROCERY SHOPPING, all of our excursions into the outside world have been of a medical nature.  Annual dental check-ups and cleaning, physicals, eye exams, mammograms, shoulder replacement, cataract surgery and twice-weekly physical therapy for John.

Last night we threw caution to the wind and went out on the town, sort of.  Take-away pizza and wine with Candice and Tim in their backyard.  It has been ages since we have seen them, so long in fact that both John and Candice are recovering from major surgeries.  We figured if we were going tempt the fates in this Covid-infested world, being with a PhD microbiologist and an MD with a doctorate in infectious diseases would be as safe as one could hope for.  

bb

                Spreading lies and germs (but not in Colorado)

We also can be circumspect in our extra-curricular activities when necessary.  We avoid protests and other public gatherings in general and we just turned down an invitation to dinner with an old military friend of Connie’s and her new “significant other.”  She confided that he’s an avid Trump supporter and that he refuses to wear a face mask in public.  

bb

               No social distance equals no social conscience

So Connie will meet up with her friend alone.  For me, the likelihood of catching corona virus is secondary to the thought of what other pestilence might come from his un-masked mouth!

BY THE WAY:  Colorado, despite having seven times as many Covid-19 cases today as it did in April, has dropped from #15 nationally to #25 and will probably be passed by Mississippi tomorrow.  Thanks, everyone, for wearing your mask!

 

About graynomadsusa

The Vagabonds at Cobh, Ireland

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.