Existing Member?

Ed in Oz Travels around the stations & pubs of Australia

Rain & More Rain

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 29 January 2010 | Views [532] | Comments [1]

Well, we are having a lazy day here at Jessievale today.  It started to rain about 3am and hasn't stopped yet.  It is only light rain, which means it is really soaking into the ground and making it really boggy all around the place.

We have mustered and branded the first 130 calves of the year - see my pics and I have to be honest and say that it was pretty hard work.  I think we all need to get fit again after the Christmas excesses.  On that side of things we have now run out of beer, and can't get out to get any more so we are now living in a 'dry camp'

We have washed the car and cleaned up in the shed today, and think we will be watching the cricket this afternoon - Aus vs Pakistan. 

All the rain is due to (ex) tropical cyclone Olga.  she is hanging about in the Gulf of Carpenteria - about 5 hrs North of us and is expected to re form in to a cyclone (rather than an Ex Cyclone) soon.  She will then head East and then South and at present is forecast to come right over the top of us.  At the moment there is a breeze blowing, but I expect this will get a bit stronger over the coming days.  She is due over Jessievale on the 31st, so we will just wait and see.

That is about all for now, but will keep you updated about the weather and work as and when I get chance. 

I hope you like the pictures I have out on here.

Ed

xx

Comments

1

Run out of beer? My god, Man! How are you surviving? Do you need me to coordinate the international rescue mission?!

Hope all well, MDF.

All good this end - baby now 6 weeks old and not sleeping. Can't beat 3am every morning to start the day's activities....!

  Andrew Atkinson Feb 1, 2010 5:36 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.