Existing Member?

Ed in Oz Travels around the stations & pubs of Australia

Wow - Technology

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 29 July 2009 | Views [408]

I am writing to you today from a Greyhound bus just outside of Longreach.  I am on a bus on the internet.  Amazing !!  This is the first leg of the journey home, and one of the last blog entries I will be writing as I will no longer need travel insurance when I return to Oz in a month or so.  Many thanks to everryone that has readf the blog over the past 2 and a half years.  I hope you have enjoyed reading it as much as I have enjoyed writing it, and while no where near all the things I have done in the last two and a half years has gone on, i like to think that the highlights of life in the outback have made you all smile from time to time. 

I left Cloncurry at 9am and arrive in Brisbane at 9am tomorrow.  I then spend the night in Brisbane before catching a plane to manchester on Friday morning.  I hope to catch up with as many of you as I can while I am home and am really looking forward to a JBO (for those in the know) a wedding, and a music festival.

On the 25th was the world famous Quamby rodeo and I'll be posting some pics shortly.  The day was once again fantastic with over 1000 people converging on the tiny town of Quamby (usual population 4) a nicew warm day and non stop action for kids and adults alike.  Plenty of friends, one or two beers and quite a few spectacular falls !!

The goat was sold to Quamby pub on the friday before rodeo for a carton of beer and 12 cans of coke.  It was last seen on Sunday morning witout a word of a lie, sitting on a bar stool near the fire.  It seams to have settled inot its new home well and will live there for many a year hopefully.

Hope all is well at home and I will begin to see you all in a few days.

Ed

xxx

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.