Existing Member?

Ed in Oz Travels around the stations & pubs of Australia

Update

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 11 July 2009 | Views [482] | Comments [1]

Hello All

I've got good internet reception today so thought I would update this again

I have a day off today as I have hurt my knee again so while everyone else is working I have a sick note !!  No damaged bones, but possibly some ligament damage - have to wait for the swelling to go down.

Plans are well underway for Quamby Rodeo 09 on 25th July.  Really looking forward to it again this year.  There will be a new ladies toilet block to make it a little more comfortable for the ladies !!  I may be in the ladies barrel race again this year if I get an outfit sorted intime ! 

Not really too much other news right now.  Mustering every few days and branding drafting and weaning the rest of the time.  It's pretty cold here now - getting down to around 10 degrees at night, with a sneaky wind too.  The goat (jasper) is fine and has also beeen castrated and weaned.  he is very fat, and since being castrated has quietend down a bit ! 

There are also millions of grass hoppers about at the momnet due to the rain earlier in the year.  have a look at the photos. 

I have also put some phots on that were entered at Winton Show - 618 entries in various catogories and I claimed two second places, one third and two highly comended.  Pretty happy with that result.  There is a rodeo on in Cloncurry in the next couple of weeks and also a campdraft with is like a sheepdog trial only with cows and horses instead of sheep & dogs.  Not too much fun to watch, but the social action is pretty good !

See you in August

Ed

x

Comments

1

Hi Ed
Do hope your knee is on the mend and that you do not damage it again at the Quamby Rodeo I should sit in the ladies new toilet block if I were you - out of harms way - maybe not though!!
All is well here. The great Yorks Show will be drawing to a close today and I think they will have had a good three days. We were there on Tuesday with Shirley and Charles and we had a really good day - warm sunshine - picnic on The Presidents Lawn (no less ofcourse) and no rain. Charles drove us there and it was hassle free - Shirley & Charles are in the know!! Keith Carol & Judith were showing and whilst they didn't win they were well pleased so that was good. Mary was not quite up to going this year and was disappointed but I went up yesterday and told her all about it. I have got the golf on at the minute from Turnberry in Scotland and it looks a fantastic course right on the edge of the cliffs. We are having Haggis for tea so that is about as near as I can get to Scotland today!!
Really looking forward to your home coming Ed - it won't be long now.
Do take good care and see you soon.
LOL Mum & Dad xxxx

  Mum & Dad Jul 17, 2009 1:47 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.