Existing Member?

Ed in Oz Travels around the stations & pubs of Australia

All sorted

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 28 June 2009 | Views [513] | Comments [2]

Well the good news is that I now have a new visa which allows me to stay in Australia for the next 4 years.  I have internet access in my bedroom and am currently writing to you from a wireless connection at . . . Quamby Hotel !!  I know it's sunday (morning) and I know I shouldn't be drinking, but I'm only having a couple on the way back from a camping trip to the river.  We are at the pub so early because I left the aircon on on the car and ran the battery flat !  On the posative side I managed to catch a lift back to Quamby to get jump leads on the back of a Harley Davidson !! How cool is that ?

I will be home in August to catch up with you all and in the mean time hope everything goes well with you all.  I hope to uplaod some more photos soon including some prize winners - I won $4 (GBP2) so was pretty please with that !

Ed

Tags: visa sorted

Comments

1

Hi Ed
Yes all sorted indeed - real good news and we are so looking forward to August and your visit back to your roots.
Its very muggy here today - rather like it was up in Darwin but we lack the sunshine!!
Had a stay over in Whitby last week and the weather was glorious. We went down to Robin Hoods Bay which looked fantastic. We then drove down to Scarborough and had a walk there and a ride along Marine Drive on an open top bus which took us right round to The Spa and then we walked back like homing pigeons - these bus passes are great. Called in Tockwith to see Aj & Ms and then round to Holly Trees just to make sure they were behaving themselves (they were) Aj is in Birmingham this weekend at Skellys stag do so no doubt will be feeling some side effects at the minute!
I have just finished reading the Poddy Dodger book which I brought back from Oz and it mentions The Quamby Pub very frequently. What a place - if those walls could talk!! Whilst I am on about the walls can you just check them out for me. Are they lined with Silk Oak - the book says they are and evidently it is particularly rare timber - can you photograph it for me please (when you are sober would be good and rare also) How are you getting along with your photography Eddy, we look forward to seeing your latest pictures.
We went over to Tockwith for Father's day and along with Shirley Charles and Mr & Mrs S Hustwit enjoyed a lovely barbeque and the odd bottle of wine or two. An excellent day.
Slowly working this new computer out but I am slow to learn, it takes me ages but I am determined to master it.It is much faster which is perhaps why I think I am slowing down! Must get into the right gear.
Do hope all is well with the McMillan's do give them our kind regards.
Mary & Keith M are pleased to hear of your visa and I think there maybe some hay making to tackle on your visit home.
Do you have an email address Ed?
Phil is fine - messing about in the garden. He has to see the dentist in the morning as he has lost a filling. Will you need an appt do you think? Just awaiting an appt to have my cataract sorted in about 6/8 weeks hopefully and then the world will look a little clearer.
That's all for now. Take real good care Eddy.
LOl Mum & Dad xxxx

  Mum & Dad Jun 28, 2009 8:15 PM

2

Dear Ed

Hope you are ok, really pleased to hear your news,it must be a relief for you and well deserved. We are currently in the middle of a heat wave, presently 30 degrees and of course as true mad english men i am chopping a hedge down. hopefully I will have lost a few pounds.
I am also up to running 5 miles so Iam quite chuffed with myself, hopefully I will loose a few more pounds.
Pleased to hear you are coming home in August will look forward to seeing you then.
Hope everything goes ok, looking forward to seeing you
Charles and shirley

  Charles and Shirley Jul 2, 2009 7:02 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.