Existing Member?

Ed in Oz Travels around the stations & pubs of Australia

Horses

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 17 February 2007 | Views [636] | Comments [6]

Hi again !

Back in Rocky awaiting the arrival of friends, so an extended weekend this weekend (More Rum & Coke)

Been a busy week mustering and branding cattle this week and I've been horse riding and getting quite good if I do say so myself !!

Just found a shop out here called 'Athletes  Foot' It's a sports shop, but don't think I would try anything on in there !!

Ed

Tags: Work

Comments

1

Hello Eddy
Great to speak to you again and even more pleased to catch you sober. Must tell everyone - Eddy was at a Rugby match when I rang - he got complimentary tickets to watch the match and was just getting stuck into a free bar. I doubt he will remember who was playing never mind the score!
Great to hear you are still enjoying life and your plans for J & C sound to be forging ahead. Hope you all have an enjoyable time together.
Lovely day here today - Phil is in the garage trying to fix Mike's chain saw, and I am getting ready for Aj & Ms who are coming over later this afternoon. Will be modelling my outfit for them and do hope they approve.
Take good care Ed.
LOL Mum Dad & Wanda xxx

  Mum & Dad Feb 17, 2007 9:11 PM

2

The reason you wont try anything on at sports shop is cos youve not got the athletic build of myself haha. Hope your having a good un keep up with the drinking

Damo

  Damo Feb 23, 2007 1:59 AM

3

Its Sat 24 Feb 11.34. and all is well. Abit of a grey day here but at least it is dry.
We went over to Hull yesterday and took Elizabeth out for a meal in Burstwick - lovely meal and nice to see Elizabeth again and catch up on all the news. David is off to Venezuela at the end of March for three months and so is well into preparations for that. You "Nomads" do help my geography alot and it is really interesting to look at the map and follow your travels. He will be doing voluntary work for two months and will use the other month to explore the area.
We then went to see Cheryl and Emily who is a little poppit, ever so pleasant and plays ever so nicely. Richard came home just as we were leaving so had a quick word with him too.
We went to Xcape at Castleford on Wednesday and managed to get Phil fixed up with shoes for the Wedding so that's him more or less sorted.
Do hope you enjoyed yourself with John & Caroline and that all your plans went well. We look forward to hearing all about it at some stage.
Mary is OK - driving again now so abit more independent.
Andy & Ms are OK and we all send our love to you.
Take good care.
LOL Mum Dad & Wanda xxx

  Mum & Dad Feb 24, 2007 10:47 PM

4

Ed 'Eastwood' Bird,

Sounds like the Brandy fountain is still flowing strong! Glad ure settling in Ed.

Good to know you are gaining some southern hemisphere culture in watching rugby albeit just going there....brandy fountain and all....

Am enjoying my new job...no whiteboards...and made the right choice.

All the best mate and each day is a day gained in experience!

Regards

John

  John Sim Feb 26, 2007 7:45 PM

5

Hi Eddy
Weather wise the week has been really good - the snowdrops are almost over as are the crocus but now we have the daffodils to enjoy. The birds are busy building their nests and the bluetits have been viewing the nest boxes. Phil has cut the lawn today - never been as early but it was really thick and will look better for a trim. He was doing some gardening the other day and he found a frog which is nice - I really like frogs. Not quite as exciting as kangaroos or dingos but that is as good as it gets around here.
Mary is off to Lytham and St Annes for a long weekend with John & Barbara so it will be a nice break for them all.
We are going to John and Wendys tomorrow and then on Sunday we are going to Tockwith and Aj & Phil will put some new bannister at the bottom of the staircase. Wonder if Scamp will help them!
Hope all is well with you in Rocky. Enjoy yourself and take good care my love.
LOL Mum & Dad xx ps email in the pipeline.

  Mum & Dad Mar 9, 2007 6:22 AM

6

Hello Eddy

Been getting up to date with your journal, you certainly seem to be having a fantastic time.
Bet you are looking forward to Sue and Philip coming out to see you, it will be a fantastic experience for them. We will look forward to seeing their photos on their return.
We are all meeting up on Saturday, Emma and Andrew are having a photo shoot in readiness for August, new experience!
Will ensure you get a quick lesson on the day !
Been busy doing pay for the last few weeks, arranging securicor to transport your bonus over to you, have you a preference for sterling or dollars ?
Looking forward to hearing of your adventures fom Sue and Philip.
Take care
Charles and Shirley

  Charles & Shirley Mar 16, 2007 8:01 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.