Existing Member?

Ed in Oz Travels around the stations & pubs of Australia

What A Week

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 25 December 2006 | Views [522] | Comments [5]

Merry Christmas to everyone !

What a week it has been,  Sorry it has taken a while to get this comment on here.  I have had a really busy week trying to get as much done before Christmas as we can.  Been mustering cattle and branding too.  Today is Christmas day and we are having a lazy day aroung the house and in the garden today - I am waering shorts and t shirt while writing tis.  Hope the weather is good in the UK too !!!  Ha Ha Ha.

This week I have done a few things that are new to me - I have seen my frist Kingfisher, I have seen my first Dingo, I have shot my first Dingo (there is a 10 dollar reward from the government for this !)  I have helped butcher my first cow, and I have seen a muster using a hellicopter !  It's been quite a week !

Hope everybody is well in the UK and thanks to all those people that have put on comments or sent emails to me - I will try and reply to you all over the coming days.

Ed

Tags: Work

Comments

1

A very MERRY CHRISTMAS to you as well Ed. Sounds like you've certainly got the weather for it - unlike here where it's been cold, foggy & generally damp & miserable!!! Never mind though. Got Mum & Dad, Shirley & Charles, Simon & Emms coming round for Christmas dinner tomorrow so looking forward to that - shame you couldn't be here as I've stocked the fridge up with plenty of Stella (it was on offer in Morrisons)!!! Anyway enjoy your Christmas & we will try & e-mail you soon.

Lots of love as always

Andy & Em -x-x-

  Andy & Em Dec 25, 2006 10:14 AM

2

Hi Eddy
Don't want you to worry about the Stella as I am sure the men will polish it off between them - your share as well!
Tell you what Eddy - glad I have only got two legs as you seem to shoot those with four!
Aren't kingfishers amazing, I have only ever seen one and the glimpse was so very brief.
Will the bank take on board your butchering skills?
Do enjoy yourself over the Christmas period - miss you loads but love you more.

  Mum & Dad Dec 25, 2006 6:42 PM

3

Merry Christmas

Missed you yesterday mate but we did get stuck into the stella in hounour of you. In fact with each can I opened I thought about how last year you would of been doing the same.... that thought got a bit blurred as the day went on and mixing some red wine in too!!

It was a great xmas mate just a shame you couldn't be with us, but what your seeing and doing down under is such great experiance and will be so rewarding its worth missing a few home christmas celebrations.

Keep the updates coming and get culling them Dingo's!!

all the best mate

Si

p.s. thanks for the pressie, the signed bat by Tim Bresnan was fab and extra special that he was a junior player with me. Cheers mate.

  Simon Hustwit Dec 26, 2006 7:50 PM

4

Eddie ' the buthcher dingo ' Bird....

Merry Xmas Ed! And thanks again for your message on the mobile.

Gee mate, getting a bit worried ...will be running out of names for you soon....wont be able to keep up.

Maybe I should just call you Crocodile dundee Bird and get it over with once and for all....

Good to read of all your rich experiences you are gaining over there down under....the Bank are always on the look out for talented multi skilled people...yours might be the exception and not the rule!

Its just me and Atif in the office today with Smurf and weve already had our 1st game of make shift table tennis...think its time to go home....

All the best for the new year Ed, and I know it will be a blast!

Regards

John SA Sim

Ps...the ausie convicts must be ripping you apart with the way the ashes are going....oh well...we always got the memory of the previous ashes!

  John Sim Dec 28, 2006 12:10 AM

5

Hi Eddy
Good to be back in touch once again. Hope all is well with you as it is with us.
Andy & Ms bought Phil six different types of beer from around the world so he looks forward to sampling them soon.
You have not given us an updated head count recently - are you still at 1999! Maybe more or perhaps less depending on the number of tinnies eh!
There is an email flying throught the air to you so hope you can read that and act upon it as soon as you can.
We all send our good wishes to you and we wish you a very Happy New Year. Rae & Steve rang the other night and they send their best Scottish wishes or was it whiskeys to you too!
Take real good care.

  Mum & Dad Dec 28, 2006 8:23 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.