Existing Member?

Ed in Oz Travels around the stations & pubs of Australia

Townsville

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 15 December 2007 | Views [413] | Comments [1]

Hello to everyone.

I am in Townsville this week after some hectic finishing off around the station - running new pipelines, and checking waters, as well as pulling cattle out of the mud (from rapidly drying water holes)  The weather is hot - still in the mid 40s in the shade, and getting well above 55 in the sun. 

This week I am having a week of as all is slowing down for Christmas so will hopefully get to relax by a beach this week.  Not too much planned , but will be abck out on the station for Christmas and new year and will then be back into wrok again in the new year.

Hope you have all got shopping/decorations/food ready and are looking forward to the festive season.

Glad to hear the weather in the UK is typically British for this time of year.

Ed

xx

Tags: Work

Comments

1

Hi Eddy
Good to receive your update and hope you continue to enjoy your break. Why not fly home - you could really chill out here - its ever so cold and miserable. Anti Cyclonic Gloom as it is known by Paul the weatherman on TV.
Went over to Wetherby on Saturday and after one of The Huswits' special meals we went to hear the Wetherby Silver Band in action in the church hall. Plenty of good tunes and of course lovely carols and Christmas music. Barbara and Derrick came too so it was nice to see them again. It was most enjoyable and yes we are gearing up for Christmas now. We then went for a tour of the Wetherby Christmas lights which are absolutely brilliant and all put up by the local people who give their time and make such a good job of it. We went round twice to make sure we had not missed any!
Not much news to tell at the moment so I will post this off.
Please thank Sarah for her help last Friday when I rang Jessievale to see where you were. She was really helpful.
Take really good care and hope you have a really good Christmas time. Have fun!
LOL Mum & Dad xxxx ps. We like the photographs - will the Chopper ever fly again?

  Mum & Dad Dec 18, 2007 5:54 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.