Existing Member?

Ed in Oz Travels around the stations & pubs of Australia

Boating time

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 18 December 2007 | Views [397]

Well here goes, 

I'm off out to the Whitsunday Islands for a two day two night boat trip, and last night my camera broke ! So will be taking a couple of disposable ones with me !!  Everybody has told me how amazing the islands are.  

If it is anything like Airlie Beach it should be really spectacular.  White Sand, clear bule sea, and beaches lined with palm trees, I had to keep pinching myself yesterday !

Met a couple of English lads and an Aussie Girl last night and shared some great stories the favourite of which goes as follows

Sea kayaking with two people per boat.  Both paddle and the person in fron steer using a rudder operated by foot peddals.

The English fella did this with one of his mates and found that you can lift the back of other peoples boats gently out of the water so the rudder doesn't work.  He did this to a few people and ended up sending one couple into a wall along side the beach, where the couple then proceeded to have a big argument about who was steering the boat and why they had crashed.  The English fella had a good laugh while the couple continued to swear and argue of the rest of the morning !

Keep checking the photos and putting your comments on - Whitsunday photos will be on in a couple of days.

Tags: Sightseeing

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.