Existing Member?

Ed in Oz Travels around the stations & pubs of Australia

A Bit More Info

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 29 November 2007 | Views [875] | Comments [5]

Hello again all.

I am now working on a different station (Same Family) and they have internet access that works so thought I should give you a little more info on the thing in the last post.

We were mustering a paddock betweek Mt Isa & Cloncurry and the station I am on use motorbikes, horses & a chopper to help bring the cattle in.  Unfortunatly on this day, the chopper go a little close to the ground, the tail rotor clipped a tree and the chopper crashed.  Thankfully the pilot (one of the family I am working with) wasn't too badly hurt.  Cut nose, & 2 broken teeth.  I will put photos on, and it could have been a lot worse.

The station also own a road train.  A big truck with 3 trailers.  Another of the family was driving this on one of the station roads and going through a dry river bed.  I'm not sure what happened to make the truck roll, but the engine and the first trailer both rolled onto there side.

I worked for 21 days in a row.

Bush fires - one of the stations that the family own has had a bush fire on it.  Lots of smoke and plenty burnt, but no damage to property - and no injuries !!

Today we were working in the Cloncurry sale yards dipping 912 cattle to get rid of ticks, and one of the young fellas accidently jumped into the dip.  He is now in hospital on a drip to get the fluids out of his system. 

Stag do last weekend to the gulf (a 3 1/2 hour drive usually.  Last weekend it took us from 9.30am until 6 pm to do the journey.  By the time I got to the gulf I wasn't in a fit state to see the gulf !  We stopped in every pub on the way up starting a Quamby Hotel for a hour !  It was a good weekend though enjoyed by all !!

I think that just about covers the last 7 weeks and I'm having a great time.

Ed

Tags: Laughter

Comments

1

hi Ed!!!

its good to hear that you having a good time:)
im so jealous.. hehe
i wish i was back in cloncurry.
im back in norway now. have been in new zeland and thailand the past month.
its so cold in norway. snow everywhere, its sucks.
but im thinking to come back to Australia and study.
maby i see you ther in fu months.
ho is garanada and jame????
love Daria

  Daria Dyste Nov 30, 2007 8:44 PM

2

Ed,
Glad to hear you are ok. Was getting quite concerned that you were alright when I heard about the helicopter crash. I was quite worried that I wouldn't get that t-shirt back that I lent you.

Skelly.

  Skelly Dec 3, 2007 6:33 PM

3

Hi Eddy

Sounds like you are well back in the swing of life down under. All good with me, fully settled into my new life of selling houses ! Will certainly keep me out of mischief, well for a short time anyway! currently enjoing cold/wet days and dark nights !not ! Look forward to keeping up with your antics over the coming months

Jane xx

  Jane Dec 4, 2007 6:34 AM

4

Hi Eddy
Hope all continues to go well in Queensland. Here in Queensbury ( well almost) the weather is quite shocking. High winds, torrential rain, sleet, warm and cold and just generally horrible. We have not had any crisp fresh days for ages and everyone is fighting with umberelas.
We are all fine though and have enjoyed Messiah & Carols and Brass and now prepare and look forward to Christmas.
Andy is staying over here this weekend. Ms is having a girls night tonight and so Andy is going out with Mel.
Mary has had a fall and broken a bone around her knee.
She had surgery to pin it and is now home and doing very well with a little help from everyone. She sends her love to you and always asks about you.
Phil has almost finished restoring the trailer and it looks very smart indeed, Andy is well pleased.
Look forward to further messages from you. Take good care.

LOL Mum & Dad xx

  Mum & Dad Dec 9, 2007 4:00 AM

5

Hi Ed and everyone
Horror of horrors I forgot to spell check the above message and have written UMBRELLA one hundred times as punishment!! I knew it didn't look right. Please forgive me.
Anyway all is well and we have had a nice time with Andy who has sort this wonderful machine out for us once again! We do get in a mess from time to time.
Just putting the finishing touches to our Christmas cards and they will be ready to post.
Andy tells me Upsidedown Christmas Trees are all the rage in UK this year but I have yet to see one. I think he may be teasing me.
Take care Ed
LOL Mum & Dad xxxx

  Mum & Dad Dec 10, 2007 2:02 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.