Existing Member?

Third Age Adventures

Tokyo Rose

JAPAN | Saturday, 6 June 2009 | Views [578] | Comments [3]

Today i was at a temple in central Tokyo. Two little girls, or little women walked past - dressed in full Geisha outfits. This afternoon we had a small earth tremor. The full Japanese experience.

Yesterday i visited Mount Fuji. Mt Fuji is regarded as a sacred mountain and it lived up to its reputation. Because it's the rainy season (remind me to check that next time) it was completely fogged in. We couldn't see it at all. We drove up it, without really seeing it. Then when we got to the highest point that can be driven to, the fog lifted. The summit just hung above us, complete with snow! It was magical. And cold. Tip: When going up to the top of a volcano, take a jacket! I learned that in Hawaii.

The trip back was on the Bullet train. It "only" got to 230km/hr! But it is so smooth that you wouldn't realize that it is anywhere near that fast. Later I negotiated the Tokyo subway system and didn't get lost.

"Birds of a Feather": Thanks for the comments! I know who you are!

Off to London tomorrow.

Comments

1

Hi Copperowl,
This is a new experience for me but what a great way to keep track of where you are and what you're doing. Say hello to the family in London. It's all a bit 'guess who?' isn't it?

  Argyle Jun 8, 2009 2:38 PM

2

Hi Copperowl,
I hope that you enjoy catching up the family! Say HI from me (if you really know who we are!)and I know that you will return with stories a plenty. Enjoy jolly old England.
Magpie

  Magpie Jun 8, 2009 3:50 PM

3

Looking forward to the photos, have not been to Japan as yet. Some friends have brought some really nice fabrics from there. Have a great time in Merry Old England, make sure you go to a show or two. xoxoxo LBW

  Little Blue Wren Jun 10, 2009 10:46 AM

About copperowl


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.