Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

Recommendations in Pokhara

NEPAL | Wednesday, 20 August 2008 | Views [1800] | Comments [2]

Guesthouses:  Green Tara was fantastic to stay at.  The staff was so friendly and helpful without you getting the feeling that they are hovering over you.  The rooms all have private showers (hot all day), fans, cable tv and were always kept clean.  This place was a winner!  In high season the price is around 400ruppee a day for the room.  In low season we could get this for 250 a day.  Nice bargin!

Food:  Luv Cushion serves the best fish from the lake.  We tried many places but this was just delicious.  More expensive than the others at about 280rup a meal, but well worth it.

We ate sandwhiches at "German Bakery"  or also called " Namaste Bakery" or also known as "Shenkin Cafe" .  This is on the main street of Pokhara lakeside.  The food is excellent, the family that runs it is friendly.  Loved it here!

For cheaper accomodation and food :  The C.B.B Resturant and guesthouse is excellent.  Here you can get 100-150 for the room.  The lady of the house - her Dal Bhat is awesome and not expensive at 70rup.  Plus she feeds you a lot!  The man of the house is friendly and never treats you like a tourist.  He is great to go fishing with (which we did), or play Ping Pong with.  You can also hire a boat and fishing rod for the whole day for just 200rup.  At the main area it is 500rup a day.  This place is found right on the other side of Pokhara - when you walking towards to hills areas and more remote part of pokhara but it is still on the lake.

There are many stores here for trekking gear, souviners, etc.  There are many prices from the crazy tourist price, to one that is much closer to the local price.  So look around.

The best internet place is on the main street.  It is next to a big sign that says "Momo 40rup".  They charge 60rup an hour, like everyone else.  However they are SO helpful and really care if you cannot login to Skype or the machine in slow.  They will help you and not charge you for extra time.    However there are many places to choose from.  However many are slow.  Check for the ones with the flat screens at least!

Pokhara is just gorgeous.  The lake is fun to swim in and take the boat out to.  This place is quiet with enough to do around town.  Although the night life I cannot speak of as we were in bed by 9pm most nights!  There are places that will serve dinner and a free dvd to watch.  SOmetimes the dvd is not great quality though.

We really love it here.

Ciao for now!

Tags: pokhara

Comments

1

Great article.

  Raj, New Pokhara Lodge Lakeside Nov 6, 2008 1:10 AM

2

Very interesting and helpful. Is there a website address or email for Green Tara & The C.B.B guesthouse?
John

  John Feb 14, 2009 7:33 AM

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.