Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

Lumbini-The birthplace ßuddah

NEPAL | Friday, 22 August 2008 | Views [924]

After 2weeks in Pokhara we decided that lt wos time for a new adventure. so we caught a bus to Lumbini about 200kms south. T

his is not really a big tourist spot yet. So the facilities here is basic. Here you really get the feeling that it was not so different even in the time of buddah 2000 years ago.

It is a very rural, small village and serene. Peacefull really. The Sacred Garden is a big compound where his exact birthplace is marked. This has 50rup entry fee with extra cost to use camera or video. (75+750).

Around the compound also has temples donated by different countries. Hire a bicycle to see the temples as the garden is very big - this you can get for 100rup a day - if your hostel charges more there is a bike place infront of the entrance of the Sacred Garden.

I can recommend Sidartha guesthouse next to the fancy hotel. 350rup a day. Private bathroom (no hot shower cold buckets), tv. Clean and good location.  Other places are cheaper but not as clean near the markets.  Or you can take the fancy hotels which have everything but are about 45-90 USD a night.

Ciao for now!

Tags: lumbini

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.