Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

Yoga

NEPAL | Saturday, 16 August 2008 | Views [1456] | Comments [1]

For the last 2 weeks we have been doing Yoga here in Pokhara.  The sessions are 2 sessions a day each session 2-3 hours long. Where the morning session is supposed to be more active while the evening session more about the meditation activities.

There are many branches or styles of Yoga.  In the west we tend to focus very much on the positions alone, while here the practical positions are to help you gain focus & concentration for you to meditate and find your self-awareness.  The side benifit of exercise they give is you is secondary to the spiritual benifits.

We gained a lot more than we bargined for.  We found the experience rewarding for our own personal happiness.  Of course this is not the answer to all lifes problems but it was a step in a good direction.

Briel and I did reach a meditative state where the pains of the body could not be felt any longer and nor could we hear the bustle or outside world around us.  We were focused only within. 

In these moments Briel found he could think much clearer than normal.  I found a place where I could find peace and review my journey in this sometimes nutty world.

We saw by accident each others auras - which were pretty much the same --> sunrise orange/yellow/red.  While I saw the Yogi teachers which was dark grey-green.  I have no idea what this means.

The meditation we got a lot out of.  However the positions didn't challenge me and I searched for harder positions.  Since the classes were not private most places will not have advance techniques to share as many within the class are beginners.

I was a beginner in how they practiced yoga though.  This was pretty different - you would have to be a bit open minded to chant the mantras, and the breathing techniques.  There were times we wanted to burst out laughing at what we had to do.  I doubt I will implement ALL of the techniques in my future practice.  However it was a great to learn.

There was a big lesson for us here.  Which I will always be thankful for the experience.

Prices range from 200ruppe per lesson to as high as 1800 each per day.  depends as some offer also food and lodging.  You will have to check for yourself and also - the choice you should make on you feel is the right atmosphere.

Ciao for now.

Tags: pokhara, yoga

Comments

1

ouch LOL

  shelley Aug 21, 2008 2:02 PM

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.