Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

Muay Thai - Massage! wk 2

THAILAND | Sunday, 1 June 2008 | Views [646]

Week 2 was a week just full of training, sleeping and eating.  Of Saturday training was on the beach this week.  Which made for a nice change.  Our 2 min breaks were spent splshing in the water.  The beach was so pretty.  Crystal clear light blue water.  Nice string waves and plenty of sunshine!  All set with amazing green jungles and little local huts.

We did explore a little more (using out legs of course)  around the area.  Oh we are in a town called Chalong by the way.  It was a 4 hours walk in a circle where we found more markets, mini marts etc.

However we do have the basics of everything close to us that we need.  We have a local food markets 10 min walk away for fresh fruit and vegies.  Really cheap too.  Imagine 1 kilo of mangoes for 25 Baht (about 50 EUR cents).  1Kg of oranges for 20-25 baht.  Half a watermelon for 15-18 baht.  The prices for vegies are like this too.  So our fresh food eating is great and cheap.  easy to be healthy.  The fish, noodles, meat is also cheap.  However we have no stove.  So we just boil water in our kettle to make soups.  Our daily eating is a can of tuna with noodle soups.  With fruit and vegies of course.

On the weekends we treat ourselves to eat at a resturant called ' Country Resturant'  but is lovingly called 'Mamma's '  by all.  Most of us that train eat here.  They make nice shakes and food is delicious and cheap.  You can get a big plate of fried noodle with chicken, veg, egg for 45 baht (less than 1 EURO).  Or you can get special shrimp, seafood, BIG or western dishes for 80 Baht.  Still cheap.  Shakes are 35 baht here.

Then we have our local mini mart which we buy our noodle soups, munchie foods (5 baht a bag of chips or nuts).  Ofcourse we buy our water from here.  40 Baht for 6 Lt bottle.  Cheap.  But the cheaper option is to buy the local brand 20L for 100 Baht - which you can refill the whole bottle for 10 Baht.  Of course we found this out only at the end when it wouldn't have mattered any more.

After a hard week of training we treated ourselves and went to the SPA 5 minute walk away.  For 400 Baht each we got a 30min herbal sauna, use of the SPA pool all day and a 2 hour Thai Massage each.  This was the best paid massage I have ever gotten!  2 hours allowed for the perfect amount of time to work the legs and back.  The only better massage I have ever gotten was from Briel.  He learned here though - so it stands to reason that they would be great.

Anyway ciao for now!

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.