Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

Muay Thai week 1 and Patong

THAILAND | Sunday, 25 May 2008 | Views [1174]

Jason in centre after winning his Thai fight in Round 1

Jason in centre after winning his Thai fight in Round 1

We started of in the begginers ring.  The trainers take a day or so to check your technique and to place you where you belong. On the 3rd morning we happily graduated to the intermediate ring!  WHoo hoo or is it...?

After the first day both my legs completely black and blue from the hard kicking and blocking I was doing.  Well in the past I would train with shin pads - but unless you are fighting someone else you use bare skin here.  OUCH!  My baby skin was swollen and blue !!!  Everyone was in shock.  I was in pain!  But I would go back for more.  I figure that eventually I would get used to it.  Indeed by the end of the first week the bruises at the front of my legs were gone and it would take SO much more to bruise them now.

This week we met some friends.  Taya and Gerry from Canada.  They are a great sweet couple that we adore talking to and hanging out with.  So on our first week we went out to Patong to check out their friend in a fight (Jason).  Jason is an awesome fighter from what I saw.  He TKO'd the other guy in round 1.  They were awesome kicks to the face which did it.  In our high we celebrated in Patong Town.

Patong Town is crazier than even Kohsan Road in Bangkok.  Here really everything goes.  There are SO many girls dancing on the bar tables or playing connect 4 with you.  We celebrated with many a shot or beers.  There is an option for shots for the WHOLE bar for 1000 baht when you right the big cow bell.  EVERYONE kept doing it.  On the end Taya and I would always end up with a double shot (hehe) so we were dancing it up with the lady boys!  They LOVED us.  Well we did rock with the robot.

We met up with some Belgian who saw a Ping POng show.  Basically they said we should be drunk when you see it.  They were sober and so found it pretty err.. haha I can't wait to try it!  Apparently a place called Suzy Wong's is the in thing.... maybe next time.

This was of course on a Thursday night.  So we did in fact skip training Friday morning.  However Briel did rock up for the afternoon session.  I hug out with Taya.  haha.

Sadly we saw our new friends leave on Sunday to go to Malaysia.  However they will be back before we so.  So hopefully we will see them soon!

Ciao for now!

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.