Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

Koh Semet

THAILAND | Monday, 19 May 2008 | Views [1814] | Comments [2]

After a full day in Bangkok we took a bus and ferry to Koh Semet.  It is not really that far 4 hours then a 20 min ferry ride, but with all the stops and the speed of everything it took nearly 7 hours.

Once there we ended up NOT in the place we booked, which turned out to be great though.  We were spending 1000 Baht a night in a great cabin.  The place was a 20 second walk to the beach litterally.  We all spent the next few days eating, lazing around, drinking the fruit shakes, playing with the local beach puppies.

It was great time spent in the delicious waters with my husband and two great friends is always a pleasure.

As always it was sad to part with them a few days later.  I got used to being with them everyday just like the old days.  I know I will see them soon though but still it was sad moment when we went thru the gates to continue our next steps while they went home to Amsterdam.

Ciao for now

Comments

1

I would love to vist this island can anyone please suggest to me a place to stay and how I can get in contact with the establishment you talking about? If you have any suggests it would be most appreciated.

Did you hire a car there and what time of the day is it best to leave for Semet?

Thank you for your help.
Gary. champwbf@msn.com(messenger)

Gary.

  Gary Nov 27, 2008 10:15 PM

2

Hej... Mig og min kæreste planlægger bryllup til næste år i Thailand, og tanken er faldet lidt på Semet... Jeg har været der for rigtig mange år siden, og der var ikke maget på øen.. Kan i anbefalde øen nu, og kender i til favorit steder man kan tjekke ud. Hilsen Thomas

  Thomas May 29, 2010 3:49 PM

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.