Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

Rutherford Trek

NEW ZEALAND | Saturday, 12 April 2008 | Views [799]

The next morning we drove all the way to the Te Anu bypassing Queenstown altogether.  We did this because Queenstown is the capital for crazy adventures and we decided that now was not the time to to spend days jumping out of planes.  We want other adventures now.

So we did the 4 hour drive to Te Anu.  Here we heard about the missing Israeli girl who went missing on the Rutherford trek.  WE checked out the opportunities to help, however things there looked to be well organised in the search and her family had arrived to help also. 

This is actually one of the treks we decided to do as there is a one day options.  It was a pretty easy trek with some great views.  You discover along the trek that all this was once under water (it is about 1000 feet high) so wow.  This trek is just above an hour drive from Te Anu along the way to the Milford Sound - which we were headed to do anyway.

After a nice trek we decided to drive to Milford so we didn't have to do it in the morning.  We picked up a couple of hitch hikers.  An Israeli girl and a Canadian guy.  Nice fun company.

The drive to Milford was another 1.5 hours away.

We drove in to the sunset of the milford WOW.  Was gorgeous to see the mountains the water and the colours of the sky.  We fell asleep to silence and stars again.  I could get used to this life!

Ciao for now.

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.