Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

Wanaka wines and beer!

NEW ZEALAND | Friday, 11 April 2008 | Views [728]

We arrived at Wanaka early the next morning.  WE did the usual - look for public bathrooms to brush our teeth and wash our faces.  Then we took a look around to see what there was to do.

Wanaka sits upon a lake.  With gorgeous 180 degree lake/mountain views.  We thought what a great place to spend the day! 

First we went to the public library to do internet and charge our cameras.  Then headed for the local brewery.  For $5 you get a tour of the little place and glass of each of their beers to taste.  Excellent value for money!

The brewery was more like a home brew place.  There was only 2 people working to do EVERYTHING - including, brew to beer, bottle, package, clean the recycled bottled, peel the labels, put new labels etc etc etc.  The beer was GOOD too.  A bit expensive just to buy a case - but delicous.

After filling up on beer, we headed for the local vineyard for wine tasting.  The vineyard was on the lake so the views of the grape plantations alongside the mountains and water were particularly spectacular.  (Did I mention that NZ is gorgeous?)

After we took a bottle of yummy white to the lake to enjoy some lamb, relax and get even more tipsy!  The lake was so gorgeous we parked the rest of the night there to watch DVDS and sleep the the quiet sounds of nothing!  Wonderful.

Ciao for now!

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.