Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

Beach days...

BRAZIL | Tuesday, 8 January 2008 | Views [837]

Life in Tabatinga is very difficult.  Everyday for 2 weeks it was:  Eat breakfast, go to the beach, get on the speed boats, get the jet skiis, go to some great little isolated beach island, have seafood late lunches or BBQs on the boats, drink up, sun alot, swim in the crystal clear waters, head back to the apartments for some late dinners.

Hmmm... can life get any harder?  Well some days I was forced to also go bikini shopping!  I can't believe that Goli and Andrea out us thru this!  haha

Seriously, this time in Tabatinga allowed us to get to know their family and close friends.  It is so great to have been welcomed so warmly and openly by everyone.  We have made some great new friends here that we know we want to stay in touch with and hopefully see often again in the future.

We are trying to get them all to come at the same time to Australia to visit.  So mom & Dad, you may have a full house next summer!

Every day was fun, there was only one day we had rain (unusual apparently at this time of year) but even them, we had a great time dancing on the boat with the water falling hard with the vodka running thru our viens! 

Well that was us "Gringos"  doing that.  The brazilians hid in the cabin below deck as we sped home for cover!  "Gringos"  is the term of us NON-brazilian!  hehe we are always refered to lovingly as this.  It is always "Where are the Gringos?"  or "gringos lets go!"

However the girls have been nice enough to let me be almost Brazilian (which I am honoured to be!) since I can nearly dance like a Brazilian.  That is thanks to Vanessa, Cleston and Deda of course! :-)

Is there anything bad about this place?  hmmm well Briel and I are candy for the bugs here, but who cares?  Everything else is perfect!

Anyway ciao for now!  We are off to Sao Paulo and the "Farm"  next!

Tags: Party time

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.