Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

Merry Christmas!

USA | Tuesday, 25 December 2007 | Views [840]

Merry Christmas!

After the chargers game we drove to LA (Riverside actually) to have midnight mass with our relatives ---> Christine, Des, Tita Cecil and the rest of the family too.

Briel and I had our first english Christmas together, it was also our first Christmas as husband and wife. So it was nice and special. After we all went back to Christine's house where we ate some snacks and just had a bit of a laugh all together.

After everyone got some sleep, we woke up to have a nice traditional American-Philippino Christmas lunch! So this involved some mini chickens, pansit, loempia, hamon, rice, salads, lecheplan, mango cake, and some other traditional philippino dishes that I can't even name but love.

After loads of overeating we enjoyed the exchange of gifts, where much to our surpise we attained a lot of presents from everyone. We loved the thought of course - how could we not, but we can't carry things really. So the great omlette maker has to stay behind, the tripod too...

Tito Gerry bought gifts also for Lolly, Mom and Dad - I guess thinking we were going back to Oz after - :-( no we aren't. So the presents are staying in Christines house until someone goes to oz one day. ooppsss...

It was hard to say goodbye to Chris and Rochelle as they left to drive back to San Diego - we got so close to them over the past months with the wedding, DC and then the craziness of San Diego hehe. Who could forget smokey and tux either? hmmm never easy.

It was great to see everyone - including Jay who I hadn't seen for about 17 years. Family is family though and the ties can be linked pretty quick which is always comforting. I hope they all know they always have a home with us (in Israel and Australia both) so we are hoping for loads of visits.

It is a bit sad now to say goodbye in general to the USA. It ws fun, comfortable and easy - language, family friends made it fun and SO relaxing too. However it is time for a new adventure but we will miss it here where we have found that well maybe it could've been another home for us here.

Actually we can't say goodbye - only "See you next time" we have so much MORE to see here!

Ciao for now! See you in Brazil!

Tags: People

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.