Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

Mexican Food! Tip

MEXICO | Friday, 14 December 2007 | Views [827]

We found our favourite breakfast - Quesadillas!  Me with cheese and vegies, Briel with Chicken and beans!  We ate it every morning! hehe the woman who cooked for us adored us already!  The place was  a little wooden place, next to a car repair place on the main street.  It certainly was no resturant for tourists, very much the locals eat here.  Our breakfast for us both would be for $7 including water, coffee and the food. Excellent. 

We loved the local tacos too with the soft corn wraps, cherizo or beef.  Of course we would eat it with everything - chilli, parsley, oinions, guacamole... hmmm great great.  Totally different than the American Mexican and the Australian interpretation of Mexican food.  This was like a local take away place.  Delicious!  The quesadillas here were also rocking!

What we were surprised about was that we couldn't het churros here.  Only in TJs.  So we ate their donuts - wow they put the US Crispy Cremes to shame!  THese were about a pund in wieght, had glaze and custard cremes - simply disgustingly great.  Briel thought they were the best donuts he's ever had.  I think I agree!  The place was called "Donna's Tutti"  was a small chain there.  The chocolate eclairs also were mouth watering.

The lobster in Rosarito is also very well known.  So we ofcourse had a go at that.  The local style was fried lobster with butter melted all over.  THey also had a delicious grilled calarmari steaks in garlic butter sauce - this was something we really never had - different, interesting and yummy.

Ofcourse we checked out the supermarkets.  Looking for chips to eat everything was spicey or hot or flaming hot!  Our sinuses are overloaded and totally opened up.  Our food was so hot Briel couldn't taste his coffee hihi

All in all a great experience with the food.  Don't recommend drinking the local water, but apparently all the bacterias a killed by the alcohol in mixed drinks hehe so that is fine!

Loved the Pina Coladas and Mango Margaritas. hmmmm

Tags: Food & eating

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.