Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

Niagara Falls

USA | Saturday, 1 December 2007 | Views [660]

Last night of NYC was spent with a great home cooked dinner with Tomer and Tara.  Tara is very artistic and it showed in the dinner setting - we walked in to a 5 star setting!  Later Briel caught up with Gregg for some pool, while I stayed home with Tara to a cool chickflick.

at 6:30am we left NYC by Amtrak to Niagara Falls NY side ($73USD each).  This took 7 hours to get there.  We arrived early afternoon.  Amsterdam is summer compared to this place.  Ofcourse forgot my gloves!

We got to see the falls in the day time which wa gorgeous!  Then we crossed over to the Canadian side to see the falls at night.  This was so stunning.  It is well worth the frost bite.  Everything was magnificant.  The fall sounds were overpowering and grand.

Travel hints:  Get off at Niagara ONT - the canadian side.  The NY side is in the middle of nowhere and you need a taxi to get to the falls.  Cost around $13USD.  Travelling out of Niagara is dificult as there is only a few trains that leave. You need to get to buffalo city.  There is a bus (no 40) that takes a hour and cost $2.50 each.  Once there you have access again to Amtrak, Greyhoud buses.  The Amtrak Depew station is not in the downtown area though.  Bus 6 gets there, or a taxi for about $30USD (15min away by car).

We waited for a bus for over 40min with us freezing only to find out that the last bus to go there was at 9.40pm (it is now 10.40pm err).  So we headed out by taxi.  Where the guy told us that the internet the bus service looks great for Buffalo, but is really unreliable in general. Oh well...  The crazy thing is after being at the station for 30min, we saw the bus -- err..  haha can't win them all!

So at midnight we took the train to Chicago.  It should have been 10hours, but was 12 due to snow storms so there were delays.  But we arrived safe and sound to my Uncle Erwin and Aunt Gigi.  Plus the ever cute Mitzy my cousin (whose computer I have stolen).

Ciao for now!

Tags: Adventures

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.