Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

I LOVE NYC

USA | Friday, 30 November 2007 | Views [553]

Firstly big thanks to Melissa for allowing us to torture her for the last 2 weeks. We drove her mad with phone calls, late nights and crazy drinking. I know she will miss us (haha) well actually we will miss her!

Last night had a great dinner with Melissa and Dave.  Dave orders yummy sushi, and cooked up some domestic lamb.  LAMB - amazing!  Dave is in the meat industry, he advised the difference is that domestic lamb is much more expensive, but the lamb is also bigger.  Reasons, in the USA they don't just let the lamb graze in the fields (which is cheaper), but they also feed them corn, grains which helps them to grow much bigger.  Result DELICIOUS lamb.  Well worth my stomach ache for overeating.

This is our last day here in NYC and again so sad to say the goodbyes. Today we leave Dave's and Mel's apartment and go to TOmer's place (closer to the Amtrak station). As we have a crazy train for Niagara falls tomorrow.

Visiting Eddies, we talked with him.  His icecream style was orginally started here in the USA by Germans, but in Germany was started by Italians.  Now Eddie went to Italy many years ago with his dad, where back thn the icecream resembled nothing like his - Italian icecream was nearly all ice.  Italy's icecream now is much more creamy.  SO where this style comes from - who knows.

Eddie's secret though is the buttercream amount he adds, the homemade whipcream and the special toppings. For example the melted marshmellow and hot fudge... hmmm .. Then there is the temperature he keeps them at.  It needs to be just right so that the icecream is soft and smoothe without being a drink!

BTW - yesterday ate the BEST Oreo icecre4am ever (ChinaTown Icecream factory).... hmmmm Great green tea icecream too. Need to visit this place, it is just off Mott street!  Style is totally different from Eddies, no extra toppings or crazy sizes.  Just great icrecream in a cup or cone.

Now time for dinner with Tomer and Tara... THen maybe a club with Adi and Greg (one of the old school crowds).

Ciao for now!

Tags: Food & eating

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.