Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

First Impressions - POLAND

POLAND | Monday, 22 October 2007 | Views [1121]

As we left the Krakow airport terminal area we of course made the crazy mistake of not changing any money. hehe so we try to board the train to the main city and pay with euros.  They would let us... but they gave us a crazy exchange rate... Normally 1 Euro = 3.6 PLN, in this case they wanted to give it to us for 1 Euro = 2 PLN.  Hmm no way.

So we walked back to the airport (200m only) got some PLN cash and went back and waited for the next train!  hehe better...

The atmosphere is very old.. it almost seems like the times just after wolrd war 2.  It is kind of creepy, quiet, misty... WE LOVE IT !

The people are pretty friendly, the prices of coffee are the same, the food a bit cheaper, but I see that they are starting to rise prices to be that of the other EU countries... starting to anyway.

Our hostel is GREAT.  Dizzy Dizzy or something.  Very close to the centre and the main train station.  Very clean, breakfast and great lockers.  We even have free laundry.  What more can we ask for?

After crashing for a few hours since I was feeling ill. We took a walk around the centre to look for dinner.  We found a yummy local kebab like place.  Shared that.  After we found Polish Dumplings called "Pierogi " - we took one which was potato and cheese.. then another which was sweet cheese.  YUMMY.

Got some local hotchocolate from the super market... relaxed in the hostel and caught up on mail... hehe... Tried banana hot chocolate --- YUMMY!

Tomorrow we will take a good look at the centre... hehe can't wait!

Tags: Adventures

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Poland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.