Existing Member?

Honeymooners We travel, we see sights of awe. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with Briel.

Jewish Quarter-Krakow

POLAND | Tuesday, 23 October 2007 | Views [1185]

Did I mention we are in the city of Krakow? Well this little city is a jewel of old buildings. We walked today around the old Jewish Quarter mainly. Saw the old cemetry, which even Briel had never seen these styles of graves before. They were tall thin grave stones. With even little tile roofs on them! They were VERY gothic style - but even that was a bit different as it didn't have the gothic crosses of course.

We ate some local sweets. Delicious.

Walked around, saw some of the restored synagouges. Listened to some info on the traditions that even Briel didn't know. I was expecially interested in the in info about the reasons for breaking the glass in the wedding. From what they explained, the reason for this is that even at moment of great joy - we should never forget the smashing of the temple. Hmm WOW had no idea about that. Cool to know.

Walked thru the markets. Great amber shops! Gorgeous and cheap. But trinkets I am not allowed to buy - otherwise they would be MINE!

Meeting some cool people - can you believe how social i am being! These sweedish guys are biking (mountain biking) around Eruope, mid east and final destination CHINA for the games. They bike 50-70 KMs a day! AMAZING. Their website check it out:

http://www.cykelresan.com/

Met and aussie, cool amercian here to visit his girl. Got cool tips on how to do the sites cheaper without the tours! whoo hoo am doing that. Am a real backpacker now! hahaha

So now we are relaxing in the hostel again, trying to get warm and dry. Of course we came when it is 2degrees and raining HEAPS. This place is worse than Amsterdam for the weather! Didn't know it had competitors for that!

Tonight we will again go and seek some dumplings for dinner! Been good for breaky and lunch - breaky was on the hostel and lunch we had a small sandwhich. Cool eh!

Ciao for now!

Tags: Adventures

About abelaine


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Poland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.