Existing Member?

Travels of a Zen Dog "He knows not where he's going For the ocean will decide - It's not the destination......It's the glory of the ride" - quote by Edward Monkton

Wellington

NEW ZEALAND | Sunday, 30 March 2008 | Views [458]

I've decided to spend quite a few days in Wellington as there is quite a lot to do. I've met up with Rob Cookson, who used to live in Skipton, and we have planned to see a rugby game later in the week. I have also been to see my ex-parents-in-law. This was a bit of a surprise for them but it was nice to see them after nearly 10 years. Unfortunately Paul, Virginia and the boys are visiting Europe.

Whilst here I have tried to be cultural and have visited the Te Papa museum and the Parliament buildings, and very interesting they were too (I even absorbed some knowledge - the alcohol hasn't killed off all my brain cells yet!). I have also visited the Botanical gardens, reaching them on the cable railway.

Had a few nights out with people I have met at the hostel including 19 year old german twin girls (well it would be rude to say no). A few drinks turned into an all night party, but never mind.

On Friday I went to watch the Hurricanes v's Crusaders rugby game at the local stadium. Unfortunately the local team lost - am I a jinx on local teams? Later I went with Rob and his friends to a club that played 80's music - it was like going to The Angels in Burnley on a saturday night all over again.

If I have time left I would like to visit Wellington again as I really liked the city, even the weather was kind to me with it only raining on my last day.

About rory2034

This is Rory

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.