Existing Member?

Paul & Luiza´s World Tour

Spain – Seville – Hello red wine & tapas, we’re back!

SPAIN | Monday, 10 September 2012 | Views [621]

Cathedral

Cathedral

Destination – Spain – Seville – Hello red wine & tapas, we’re back!

We catch a 40 minute ferry, across the Strait of Gibraltar, to the nice seaside town of Tarifa and we are already in Spain, what a feeling!  We catch a 3 hour bus to Seville and a taxi ride away is the nice Hotel London, in the old part of Seville.  We are so thrilled to be in Spain, menu del dia, cheap good wine, cheese, ham and pates to die for, beautiful people, chicks walking around in very short shorts, gay couples holding hands, the sexual exploitation of good looking young people on TV, what is not to love? So much to see just by walking around and nice, friendly people who are actually happy to take your money and do so with a smile.   Pity we only have a few days left on our EU visa, well let’s make the most of it.  The Wi-Fi at the London hotel is kind of hit and miss so we move to the Paris Hotel just across the road.  From London to Paris in 30 seconds! London is way better than Paris but the internet works in Paris, voila!

Ok, time to go sightseeing, the old city is just fantastic and the architecture incredible. The Cathedral of Seville is officially the biggest one in the world and it’s so impressive! Massive internal spaces, imposing, amazing art work in all the little chapels, just beautiful. Oh and we also see the great mausoleum of Christopher Columbus, a truly fascinating man!  After visiting the cathedral we climb up the 34 ramps of the La Giralda Tower rewarded by stunning views of Seville.   We spend our 6 days walking around the old city, the Jewish quarter, the churches, palaces, museums and beautiful parks of Seville.  This city is so “elderly friendly” we think we might be moving here in a couple years time… elderly people walk around so safely and it feels like there is an entire community looking after them.  We eat, drink beer (3 Euros for an ice bucket with 5 beers, can we have another one of those please, yeah, in the middle of the day), have wonderful cheap red wine and get stuffed with tapas.  The tapas are usually more for the experience than the food itself as they are mostly disappointing, even when we hunt for the best tapas places around. Honestly, who cares? The people are so happy and friendly you wonder if they are aware of the financial crisis yet… The beer is nice and cold and don’t get us started on the wine… Now we really need to leave the EU, it is time for Croatia and Montenegro, adios Spain.

 

About pauluiza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.