Existing Member?

Paul & Luiza´s World Tour

Jordan - Amman and Petra

JORDAN | Tuesday, 14 September 2010 | Views [1842]

Jordan - Destination Amman

We take a taxi to the bus station, a shared taxi to Syria and Amman (capital of Jordan). We spend the whole day in the taxi with 2 other guys. We are out of Lebanon, into Syria, out of Syria and into Jordan. The trip is long but ok.  All the visa stuff is smooth and one of the taxi guys is a young guy who decides to help us out with general stuff. He even gives us his mobile number and invites us over to his house when we come back from Petra.  Yeah, as soon as we get to Jordan, things start to improve fast. The hotel we wanted is full but the owner takes us to another hotel nearby, not fancy but clean. He also takes us on his own very nice 4 wheel drive, to buy the tickets to Petra the next day. He tells us we can go (the bus leaves at 6.30am) and leave our luggage at the other hotel as his staff will pick it up and bring it over to his hotel (we got a room for the following night).

So, we thought we were going to see Petra and get out of here the following day, but guess what? We really like it here and decided to stay a few more days to relax before Israel. We head off to Petra and have a great day just walking around and taking heaps of photos. It’s quite an impressive and imposing place. Back in Amman, we find the nice traditional restaurants to eat good food and walk around for a bit. It’s nice and safe around here.

 

About pauluiza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Jordan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.