Existing Member?

Paul & Luiza´s World Tour

How we packed for a 3 month trip with just a carry on backpack, is it possible?

LITHUANIA | Tuesday, 17 October 2017 | Views [432]

Vilnius to Krakow via Bialystok

Vilnius to Krakow via Bialystok

How we packed for a 3 month trip with just a carry on backpack, is it possible?

If you’ve been following our trips, you probably know it’s the first time we’ll be going on a long trip with just a carry on backpack (50 litres) and a very small daypack each. Advantages are you can disembark quickly and save money on checked luggage but cons are weight and security (100ml liquids containers only, up to one litre total and no Swiss army knife etc) restrictions and limited number of clothes. Many people asked us how and what we packed, so, here is a list from both me and Paul to inspire you guys to do the same. With the “advent” of low cost airlines spreading their “wings” all over the world, it’s imperative that we don’t miss that very cheap flight that allows you to carry on a small bag, so, we’ll tell you how we did it!

Me: 3 pairs of pyjamas, 3 pairs of work out gear, 3 pairs of shorts - varied lengths, a pair of cotton pants, one light cardigan, 1 thermal undershirt, one light raincoat, 2 bikinis, 2 light beach dresses, 4 singlets (vests), one long sleeve tee, 4 tops, 1 small quick dry towel, underwear, 12 pairs of socks, a pair of runners, a pair of black rubber Birckesntock sandals (in black they look good enough to go out in), 1 sarong, 1 LBD (little black dress), 1 wool pashmina, 1 cotton scarf, 2 head bands, medication, small first-aid kit, small nail kit, small toiletries and cosmetics (shared between our both bags), 1 tablet and charger,

Paul: 3 pairs of bermuda shorts, 1 pair of jeans, 4 pairs of underwear, 6 pairs of socks, 8 tees, 1 pair of bathers, 2 sets of workout gear, 1 sarong, 2 singlets, 1 thermal under shirt, 1 laptop, mobile phone and chargers, 1 external battery, cables and adapters, wine opener (very small), light rain coat.

How did we manage: Week 2, we get a lot of rain in Riga and my pants get soaked, get pants washed at the hotel, no charge, me likes it! Wash clothes in Krakow and Zagreb as both apartments have washing machines. Washed clothes again twice in Kotor, yes, washing machine again and finally, last wash on Naxos, thank you kindly, Angela! Of course there were several items being hand washed in between, such as beachwear and some light clothing. Also, arriving back home with huge loads of washing to do, but totally worth it as we, many times, just walked to the hotel, train station and even twice to airports. It’s just incredible how few clothes you need when you train yourself to travel light and you can wash your clothes everywhere, seriously, everywhere. Also, if you need anything else along the way, you can always buy it, believe me, there are shops everywhere, unless you’re climbing the Himalayas, in this case take everything you need with you! Travelling light? Highly recommended!

About pauluiza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Lithuania

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.