Existing Member?

Paul & Luiza´s World Tour

Greece - Naxos 2016

GREECE | Friday, 26 August 2016 | Views [339]

Naxos

Naxos

Naxos, Greece - yes, if it feels like home, it should be Naxos!

Decision made, we take a bus to Bitola, a taxi to cross the border to Florina, in Northern Greece, a train to Platy and after 3 hours, another train to Piraeus, Athens. We go out for gyros & beer and then to bed, next morning, a ferry to Naxos. Naxos definitely feels like home, our old friend Nikos picks us up from the port and we go back to Stratos Studios. Stratos was our home for 3 months before then another 2 months and now we've got 5 more weeks on our favourite island ever.

This time, we get to share Naxos with some old and new friends and of course we get to revisit our favourite places. We hire a car and take our friends back to some of our favourite places, such as Demeter Temple, Halki, Filoti, Moutsounas bay, Apollon and Plaka Beach, all still perfect! We eat at Maros Taverna almost everyday (OK we tried some new places but they really don’t stick) and walk up and down the same beach many times a day.  We work on our suntan and go wondering around the castle for a stroll, every night before dinner and yes, we still discover new places, amazing!

Nothing much to say about Naxos but to say it is one of our favourite places on Earth and we definitely feel right at home here! After 5 weeks, it is time to go back home to Portugal, to move in to our new place and to plan our next trip, cheers!

 

 

About pauluiza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Greece

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.