Existing Member?

VagabondsUSA "TRAVEL IS FATAL TO PREJUDICE, BIGOTRY AND NARROW MINDEDNESS." MARK TWAIN

Paradise Found

INDONESIA | Monday, 1 January 2024 | Views [57]

Paradise Found—Ombak Bay, Nusa Lembongan

Paradise Found—Ombak Bay, Nusa Lembongan

WE FINALLY FOUND THE TROPICAL PARADISE we were searching for just a 30-minute “fast-boat” ride from Bali’s touristy Sanur. One of fourteen small islands in the Penida Archipelago, Nusa Lembongan is what Bali must have been like fifty years ago. 

nn

               Like Bali used to be

b

   Paradise just 18 KM from the hustle and bustle of Bali

nn

            This way to Paradise

There is no pier at Mushroom Bay, boats just reverse onto the beach, luggage is unloaded and everyone arrives with wet sandy feet. The drivers hefted our bags from the beach to a pick-up truck with bench seats in the covered rear and we set off across the island where Widi, the cute owner/magager/alpha female, was waiting with freshly-squeezed orange juice. Ombak Bay is idyllic—ten cottages perched on a rocky cliff, an “infinity” pool and a covered restaurant with a 270° view of row upon row of Endless Summer-like perfect waves.

nn

                Cottages at Ombak Bay

nn

              A warm welcome to Ombak BAy

bb

               Room with a (partially obstructed) View

Towel swans and frangipani blossoms welcomed us to Cabin 10. It is a row back from the pool but we have ocean views and can hear the waves crashing, sometimes with a roar, sometimes with a murmur, depending on the tide and wind direction. We have both air-conditioning and wifi and one of the most comfortable beds ever. The bathroom is spacious with a hot shower like a mini-waterfall.

nn

                     Restaurant with a View

nn

          Just another day in Paradise

At dinner we were entertained with another gorgeous tropical sunset, end of another day in Paradise.

 

Add your comments

(If you have a travel question, get your Answers here)

In order to avoid spam on these blogs, please enter the code you see in the image. Comments identified as spam will be deleted.


About graynomadsusa

The Vagabonds at Cobh, Ireland

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.