Existing Member?

VagabondsUSA "TRAVEL IS FATAL TO PREJUDICE, BIGOTRY AND NARROW MINDEDNESS." MARK TWAIN

When You Realize You Are the Same Age as Old People

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 21 October 2023 | Views [75]

Happy 50th Birthday

Happy 50th Birthday

WE ARE BACK ON TERRA FIRMA again, arriving in Sydney Harbour on the 50th  anniversary of the Sydney Opera House. All the hassle getting Australian visas paid off as we sailed through immigration and customs without a hitch. We shared a taxi to the airport, checked in and caught up on the internet until our flight left for Adelaide where the folks at Sixt car rental upgraded us to a Toyota Corolla hybrid, taking some of the sting out of the car rental gouge.

bb

              On Terra Firma Down Under

Looking back on the cruise we decided that the Grand Princess could be billed as a floating Seniors Center—this was the most geriatric cruise we’ve been on. Both Gary and I commented—inappropriately we were scolded—on the penguin-like gait of some of the passengers, those without walkers, wheelchairs and scooters. 

b

                     Traveling with the Wrinklies

b

              When You Realize You Are the Same Age as Old People

I don’t know whether to be depressed by so many “wrinklies” onboard or be heartened that the gaffers are still able to travel. What is really shocking is to realize that we are members of the same demographic!

 

Add your comments

(If you have a travel question, get your Answers here)

In order to avoid spam on these blogs, please enter the code you see in the image. Comments identified as spam will be deleted.


About graynomadsusa

The Vagabonds at Cobh, Ireland

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.