Existing Member?

VagabondsUSA "TRAVEL IS FATAL TO PREJUDICE, BIGOTRY AND NARROW MINDEDNESS." MARK TWAIN

Oman Again

OMAN | Tuesday, 23 November 2021 | Views [180]

Naseem Hotel in Muscat where we stayed 15 years ago

Naseem Hotel in Muscat where we stayed 15 years ago

FIFTEEN YEARS AGO TO THE DAY we celebrated Thanksgiving in Muscat. Coincidence? Anyway, here we are again—our first terra firma since Cyprus—and much appreciated.

nn

         Corniche in Muscat

nn

       Incense Burner Monument

Hotel Naseem where we stayed in 2006 is visible from our balcony and we were both surprised and pleased to see they’re still in business. In need of some dry land exercise and internet access we walked over to see how they were doing. They don’t remember us of course but they graciously allowed us to use their wifi and gave us some vile Arabic coffee. 

nn

        Muscat Souk 

nn

       Catch of the Day

On the way back to the ship we visited some of the places we remembered. We wandered through the souk and along the corniche. John just had to look into the fish market to examine the catch of the day.

nn

         Opera Restaurant

The past few days were not only boring but rough. Virtuosa was cruising at 18 knots into the wind and the to-ing and fro-ing was pretty noticeable up here on Deck 12. There have been several dress-up dinners to break up the monotony, much too la-de-dah for our humble rags. Even so, Connie and I ventured into the Opera dining room on one of the more casual nights, just to see what we were missing. Only ice cream, as it turns out. There is more variety on the Deck 15 buffet, you can wear shorts and there are no hovering waiters.. The only positive was ice cream for desert in the Opera.

 

 

About graynomadsusa

The Vagabonds at Cobh, Ireland

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Oman

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.