Existing Member?

VagabondsUSA "TRAVEL IS FATAL TO PREJUDICE, BIGOTRY AND NARROW MINDEDNESS." MARK TWAIN

Roamin' Around Rome

ITALY | Friday, 5 November 2021 | Views [173]

Three Coins in the Fountain

Three Coins in the Fountain

LEGEND SAYS IF YOU THROW A COIN in the Trevi Fountain—right hand over left shoulder for best reults—you will return to Rome. We certainly got our euro’s worth—this is our fourth visit! 

n

               Just a few blocks from the Station

I gladly traded our rental Fiat in Naples for the train to Rome. Italians invented road-rage—they’re the most aggressive drivers on the planet. They think nothing of tailgating at high speed or passing on the tightest curve. The more their car costs the more aggressive they are. And if they have €50,000 Italian car like an Alpha Romeo, it’s Katie bar the door!

m

               A little more off the top, per favore

Hotel Aelius is tiny, just three rooms in what was once a fashionable palazzo. We picked it for its proximity to Termini station. Our last visit was to meet Connie’s nieces who were passing through on their way to a cruise. This time it’s us who are passing through—time for haircuts and laundry and Covid tests for our cruise on Monday.  

nn

 The Coliseum—Been There

              mm

                Amber & Ann at Pantheon

                                     nn

                                 Snow Day at the Forum—Done that

                                                            m

                                                                 Vatican City—Got the T-shirt

We’ve “done” Rome; the Coliseum, Forum, Pantheon, Spanish Steps, even the Sistine Chapel. The places we still want to visit are outside of the city proper and we will have to take a train or the metro.

 

 

About graynomadsusa

The Vagabonds at Cobh, Ireland

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.