Existing Member?

VagabondsUSA "TRAVEL IS FATAL TO PREJUDICE, BIGOTRY AND NARROW MINDEDNESS." MARK TWAIN

Back Home On The Range

USA | Tuesday, 11 May 2021 | Views [250]

Surprise! Springtime in the Rockies

Surprise! Springtime in the Rockies

LAST NIGHT’S SNOW WAS A BIT OF A SHOCK, probably more to the emergent cherry blossoms than it was to us. This isn’t our first taste of Springtime in the Rockies, after all. Just the same, it feels strange to be wearing long pants and shoes, not shorts and Tevas.

nn

  Cherry Blossoms on Monday

                          b

                                   Tuesday snow

Yep, we are back home on the range, right where we were a year ago. We drove up to Charlotte on Saturday where flights to Denver are cheaper and more frequent than from Myrtle Beach and took SouthWest to Denver via Nashville on Sunday. The airline did a good job of requiring masks on the packed flights. “Mask-avoiders” were very much in evidence in both Charlotte and Nashville but we felt pretty safe now that we are fully-vaccinated.

n

              Hardly a Mask in Sight: Nashville Airport

Renting from Hertz for seven weeks won’t break the bank but it still hurts. The condo we found so spacious after RV-life feels cramped compared to some of our palatial AirBnB digs but is still sufficient to our needs. 

bb

        Not As Palatial As We Remembered

This is the first time we have had to fly to a new destination since October so we had to leave condiments, spices and such behind. The result—a $200 grocery bill from Walmart and we’ll still have to shop for “real” food. 

 

 

About graynomadsusa

The Vagabonds at Cobh, Ireland

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.