Existing Member?

VagabondsUSA "TRAVEL IS FATAL TO PREJUDICE, BIGOTRY AND NARROW MINDEDNESS." MARK TWAIN

Safer-At-Home

USA | Friday, 8 May 2020 | Views [378]

Boston Common Condo, Centennial

Boston Common Condo, Centennial

DESPITE THE DARK TIMES, THINGS ARE GOING surprisingly well for us.  The rates for both Covid-19 infections and deaths in Colorado are declining — which is not the case nationally.  "Stay-at-Home" has given way to "Safer-At-Home." People are adhering to social distancing and are wearing masks when appropriate.  The weather is getting warmer, trees are budding and there is plenty of room to roam.  Grocery stores are well-stocked and many restaurants offer robust take-away menus for special occasions and those tired of cooking.

n

       Full shelves including Toilet Paper!

The money for our cancelled Hawaii AirB&B has been refunded as has our May birding trip to Indonesia.  We’re still waiting for the deposit on our cruise to Spitsbergen to be deposited in our account.  Speaking of AirB&B, we are ecstatic with the apartment here in Denver — great location, nice digs.  And due to a recent cancellation we’ve been able to extend our stay until the end of July.   

n

        This will be the longest we've stayed in in one place NINE years!

Since we will be staying in Colorado for several months, John decided to schedule replacement surgery on his left shoulder.  He isn’t in pain — Advil and a cortisone shot have taken care of that — but the creaks and pops are reminders that it isn’t going to heal itself.  Besides, we don’t know when we will be in one place long enough for recovery and rehab again — this is the longest we will have stayed in one place since we sold the house nine years ago.

 

 

About graynomadsusa

The Vagabonds at Cobh, Ireland

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.