Existing Member?

Ed in Oz Travels around the stations & pubs of Australia

Last Entry Until Singapore

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 8 August 2007 | Views [447] | Comments [1]

Well, tomorrow will be my last day in Australia before I fly home for the first time.  For everyone reading this in Australia I would like to thank you all for the hospitality you have all shown me over the last 8 months.  Visit Oz thanks for sorting the jobs for me.  All the Statins I have worked on - Cona Creek, Manly/Maxford, Lanark, Gleeson and all the Mcmillan stations.  To the Quamby Hotel - for the rooms, the mad and wild nights and the odd hangover cured by a good old Sunday session ! The backpackers and workers I have met and had the fortune of working with.  I hope you have enjoyed it as much as me. 

Finally to the Jones's - Josh, Mica, Sash, Ian and Helen and Horse ! and the rest of the family.  The cheapest backpackers in Australia, the most free drinks of anywhere and the best experiences.  Downtown Backpackers Rockhampton - Thank You and see you in a month.

Today I have been round the XXXX brewery and tomorrow it is the Brisbane show so I'm still really busy but looking forward to catching up with as many of you as i can either at or around the wedding of the year !

See you all in a few days. 

Tags: Friends

Comments

1

Just a quickie to say that Eddy is safely back in UK. We picked him up from Manchester and brought him back to his roots where he was fed and watered and caught up with some sleep. Has managed to see a few of his pals and had an odd pint or twenty.
Off then to York to be measured again for his suit for the Wedding of the Year (he has certainly lost some weight) and should look quite trim I think.
Today Eddy his brother Andy and his Best Man have headed off to Newquay (in the South of England) where they will camp for a few days and await the arrival of some more friends. The Stag do proper will then commence so Newquay beware!!
We too would like to thank everyone in Australia for the hospitality shown to Eddy and indeed to us when we visited earlier in the year. I know Eddy has enjoyed every moment (or at least those which he can remember!!!!)and we certainly did too. We look forward to revisiting Australia and I know Eddy is looking forward to his return in a month or so.
Our good wishes to everyone and we thank you all for making entries on the Blog - it has meant such alot to Eddy and we have been really interested to follow the adventure and keep in touch so regularly.
Take good care
Best wishes Sue & Philip

  Sue & Phil Aug 15, 2007 1:18 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.