Existing Member?

Ed in Oz Travels around the stations & pubs of Australia

German II

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 14 June 2010 | Views [558]

I had a speak to the German Wwoofer and I'm not sure if any of what I said went in.  The morning after I spoke to him, he was on the four wheeler, and managed, don't ask me how to crash it into the "town" car.  The four wheeler is written off and the car has a dent in the bonnet and another in the wing.  He was driving down the drive and came around a corner, the car was coming the other way, and pulled as far of the road as possible, but the german still didn't see the car and ended up driving into the front corner of the car.  I've put a couple of photos on for you to see.  He says he wasn't going that fast, but I will let you make up your own mind. This morning he got up at 4.30 to watch the football.  Germany v Australia.  I also watched some of the game while I had breakfast.  60 mins into the game, he asked me how many players where on each team - for somebody keen enough to get up at 4.30 he isn't very clued up.

Other things he has asked are

1) "How long you cook baked beans in the microwave ?" (he is 22yrs old)  

2) "How much meat to put on his lunch ?"  

3) "How big is Mt Isa" (reply was, "do you mean the population, how many people") "No, just how big is it ?"

4) I have my towel in one hand and shampoo in the other and he asks . . . "Where are you going ?"

When asked about the four wheeler crash we asked, were you not looking where you were going and he said "yes I was looking" "well how come you didn't see the car" "I did see it just too late" so it sounds like he wasn't looking until he hit it !

5) He asks me everyday what is for dinner.  Bearing in mind we have spent the full day away from the house and haven't seen Penny (she makes dinner) since dinner the night before, my replies get more and more rude each night !

He will knock on the door of the shower to ask these questions sometimes.  He must really worry about what is for dinner !

  I will keep you posted 

Ed

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.