Existing Member?

Ed in Oz Travels around the stations & pubs of Australia

Happy New Year

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 7 January 2010 | Views [585]

Well I have arrived back at Jessiebale to find a little water and a very slippy road !  Had a good fun drive back home last night through some showers, but made it safely and have spent the morning unpacking all my washing !!

I hope you all saw in the NY in whatever way you wanted and had fun doing whatever you have done.  I am going to put my final pictures of 2009 on the blog today for you to see and will also open a new album for 2010. 

As you know I spen Christmas on a boat, ot to be more precise on Whitehaven beach - voted the 6th best beach in the world.  The sand is like flour, so soft.  We played beach vollyball and had a few beers - a perfect Christmas.

It did all strat on Christmas Eve however when we went down to the harbour and met the rest of the people on the boat adn also the crew.  We loaded our beer and set off.  After a couple of hours we pulled up and went snorkeling.  While we were out , a turtle came over and said hello and I spent a good 10 mins crusing around in the shallow water with it.  "Magical"  We then went onto our overnight stop and met up with another two boats.  We partied into Christmas day before going to bed.

We were up early on Christmas day and off to another snorkling spot before heading to Whitehaven beach lookout and then on again to the beach.

Boxing day I was first up after another big party night onboard the 3 boats.  Sitting at the back of the deck I was watching fish jump looking for doolphins.  I didn't see any, but another turtle did come up and say hello !  One more snorkle and then back into Airle Beach for another party around the town.

A day or two spen relaxing before heading to Rocky and start getting organised for the Street party on the 30th December which was another fantastic night.  3500 watched s a couple of local bands perform before the main acts.  The Stafford Brothers feat Timmy Trumpet (sounds a little corny but look them up, they are fantastic) followed by The Potbelleez - another fantastic act.  I have uploaded some photos of the night.  I was able to get up on stage again and take some good poics of the crow as well as the acts performing.

NYE we went to a Bull Ride at the great Western Hotel before heading back to the Oxford to see in the new year with friends, rum, and a few cigars.  Managed to also see in the NY in the UK on the telly.  The hosts of the show gave France a bit of ribbing of having no fireworks which was pretty funny to listen to !

A little car shopping in the NY.  I have got a 4x2 Toyota Hi Lux organised and will have to get in in February so will be fully mobile then which will be good.  Unfortunatly it meant another ride on the greyhound busses.  Usually OK, but the aircon packed up on this one so we spent a very sweaty day traveling back out to Jessievale.

Thats all the news from here.

Hopethis finds you all well, if not a little cold and snowed in (I've been looking at the BBC website)

Love Ed

xx

Tags: christmas

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.