Existing Member?

Ed in Oz Travels around the stations & pubs of Australia

Success

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 23 December 2009 | Views [788] | Comments [8]

Hello and Merry christmas to you all.  i thought i would show you a couple of pictures of were i am now (Airlie beach) and what i am upto, but before i upload these photos, i would like you to have a look at the Australian geographic website.  I have been fortunate to have two of my pictures published on their website.  A real honour !!

Well I am getting on a boat to go sailing for Christmas day, but would like to wish you all a very happy Christmas and i will be intouch again on 27thish I hope to upload some photos of my Christmas day out here in Oz.

Love Ed

xx

Comments

1

Hi Mate,
Merry Christmas to you mate. Hope you have a fantastic time sailing.
Take it easy,
Mel
X

  Mel Dec 25, 2009 5:39 AM

2

Hello Eddy
Well we have had a great Christmas and are now back at home. Andy & Ms did us proud and Scamp was pretty good too. We have laughed and laughed until we cried. Charles was almost under the table at one point and Shirley was dancing around and around the kitchen! We were quite sensible ofcourse.
On Boxing day we went to Shirley and Charles's to a speciality buffet for 15 no less. It was superb and the laughter contined as we played several party games which just got sillier - needless to say The Girls won hands down.
We drank a toast or three to you and wondered what you were up to but glad to hear you had a good time on the Whitsundays. Guess you will be making your way towards Rockie having attached youself to its magnet!
We hope the party goes well and that we hear from you again soon.
We have picked up your photos on the blog and also the Australian Geographic site - very impressive.
Til we speak again take real good care.
LOL Mum & Dad xx

  Mum & Dad Dec 28, 2009 8:00 AM

3

Hello Eddy

We hope you have had a fantastic Christmas, certainly a different one sailing in the sea and sun instead f freezing over here in the uk.
We had an excellent day and Andrew and Emma's as Sue said, someone kept filling my glass with Champagne and then wine and I forgot what else ( I think it may have been Sue!)
Boxing Day really went well again helped by a few bottles and the company.
On Sunday Andrew successfully installed my new Web cam and we ae now on Skype, we have come into the 21st century thanks to Sue and Philip,our new year resolution is to become computer literate (well we can at least try)will hopefully speak with you soon.
Hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday before work starts again. I start again on Tuesday 29 December,this last re-organisation has still retained me at HSBC !!

Take Care

Charles and Shirley

  Charles and Shirley Dec 28, 2009 9:33 PM

4

Happy New Year Eddy & Charlie.
We have just been watching the fireworks in Sydney - pretty impressive.
Hope the street party in Rockie was good and that you had an enjoyable time. We have another 4.5 hours to go yet.
New Years Day will be spent entertaining at The Croft so we have been busy getting organised today. All we need is for Charles to become more adept at taking the screw cap off the wine bottle - he struggles abit sometimes!!
When do you return to Quamby?
The parcel arrived here last Wednesday and we will pass the contents onto those concerned.
Take good care and hope to speak to you soon.
LOL Mum & Dad xxxx

  Mum & Dad Jan 1, 2010 6:32 AM

5

Happy New Year, Mrs D! Just been catching up with what you've been on with - Fireman Eddy - has a certain ring to it, don't you think?

Things have been a bit hectic around here of late - as you know we have a new addition to the family - Emma born 20th Dec (same day as my son, Daniel) so we haven't slept much recently. She's lovely though and, whilst three was never on the cards, now it has happened, I wouldn't change it for the world! We've also been finishing the house - just got hall stairs and landing to do now which is being decorated in February after we've had new doors all round the house. My guess is once that's done, PIppa will want to move. "Dream on" is my thought!

Good to hear all is well. Take care and catch up soon.

A

  Aki Jan 1, 2010 8:41 AM

6

Spied the pics on the Geographic website as well - good ones, Ed! Never had you down as a photographer! You take photos better than you play snooker.....!

  Aki Jan 1, 2010 8:51 AM

7

Hi Ed & Charlie
We have caught up with you now - the New Year has arrived and we do hope it will be a really good for you both. We are going to be busy packing from now on in but are excited as we hope to embark on our new adventure. Take really good care of each other.
Lots of love throughout 2010 and beyond Mum & Dad xx

  Mum & Dad Jan 1, 2010 7:00 PM

8

Hello Ed & Charlie
Well its snowing big time at the moment (9.30am 5 Jan)
We were supposed to be going over to Tockwith today to help out with some jobs over there. We have got the trailer loaded up with bits and bobs to take over but alas our plans have been thwarted. General advise is only to travel if necessary and if you do take to the roads to be geared up in case of unforseen circumstances. In the car we have got a single pop up bed - a double duvet - three pillows - two blankets - all of which we were delivering to Aj & Ms but they might well come in for the journey over there which we have now cancelled. There is as much snow over there as there is here in Queensbury so we are just going to stay put and try and keep warm at home!
We have a rabbit in the garden which is hopping about looking for any greenery to eat! It really show up as we have a complete white over.
Other than that all is well and we hope its the same with you. Andy brought us up to date with your news and we hope the flooding subsides and you can get back to Jessievale safely soon.
Take real good care of each other and we hope you soon get Skype fixed and we can see you once again.
With our love always Mum & Dad xxx

  Mum & Dad Jan 5, 2010 8:41 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.