Existing Member?

Ed in Oz Travels around the stations & pubs of Australia

How time flys

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 10 December 2009 | Views [445]

I really didn't reaslise it had been so long since I put anything on here.  Sorry, but with me and my parents now having Skype I am able to ring and update them so not as much call for me to put things up, but I mussed contine as it is good to keep a track of things.  I am hiving to look back at photos to work out what I have done since I was last on here.  Here goes

Firstly we have finished mustering for the year - at the end of Novemeber and not a moment too soon.  It's been over 40 every day for the last week and no sign of change yet.

We were down at Clio loading some cattle to go on a boat to Indonesia and had about 20mm of rain dowm there - this was welcome, but it did delay us by a couple of days.  We did catch a couple of goats and also a small pig - just for a bit of fun.

I went to a Bull sale a couple of weeks ago which was pretty interesting.  The top price was $16000 (GBP 8000 roughly).  I didn't buy anything though.

Last weekend was Ross's 21st (The guy I worked with last year)  I had the honour of doing a speech along with a couple of his school mates and his younger brother.  I was pretty nervous before the speech (for a week before the speech) and wrote it out about 5 times in the last couple of days, and thankfully everyone laughed when I anticipated they would and no one laughed when they shouldn't have.  Had a good night afterwards and was really good to catch up with the Campbells again.  One of the gifts Ross got was a painting of a picture that I took of him at easte and it's a really good copy - I have put a photo of it on here for you to see.

I am currently having a couple of hours off - it's just too hot to work.

Hope you all have a good Christmas and if you want to call me, download Skype and look me up.

All the best

Ed

xx

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.