Existing Member?

Ed in Oz Travels around the stations & pubs of Australia

Bunderberg Rum

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 12 January 2007 | Views [1835] | Comments [10]

Hi All

I have made it to Bunderberg and was in the pub last night after a day at the beach - it's all hard work y'know !

I have also been for a tour round a rum distillery for the Australian dark rum Bunderberg.  They make 70 million ltrs a year and only export 4% of it and three of that goes to NZ !  It is v popular over here and can be bought pre mixed with coke in a can or on draught !

Also seen a new way to drink tequila slammers - I didn't try this though, I'll leave it for whan I get home

1) Snort the salt

2) Drink the shot

3) Squeeze the lemon in your eye

The guys that were doing this had been in the pub all afternoon.

I think I will be heading back up to Rockhamton tomorrow and will then meet up with the guy from the place I will be working at next week. 

Off to the pub again tonight to see some live music and have one or two Bundy and Rums !

Ed

Tags: Sightseeing

Comments

1

I see you have found the delights of “Stuntman Tequila’s”. Will start training with them soon, for you Andy’s stag-do.


Skelly.

  Andy Skelton Jan 13, 2007 2:17 AM

2

Hi Eddy
Just great to hear from you again and to learn that you have been relaxing a little and enjoying some Australian delights. Not sure that the tequila slammers can be classed as a delight however - sounds more like a form of torture to me.
All is well with us and we have sent a long email to you today.
We had a good day when everyone from Wetherby- Tockwith Leeds and Bourne End joined us for the day last Sunday. Ate plenty - drank enough and played some really silly games which involved various skills which no-one had and the results were hilarious. Dare not put into print what Simon had to act out but he did it so realistically Shirley Jane and I were blushing - well almost!
Had another good day on Wednesday when Elizabeth and David came over for the day. David brought some home made bread which was delicious!
The weather is very mild but very windy and wet. Parts of York are under water again and the Calder Valley are having difficulties I think. When are you going to send some sunshine!
Do hope you meet up with Brian - do give him love from Mary.
How many of these cattle have you counted - if you have got more than two million then you have drunk too much rum.
Enjoy yourself Eddy, still miss having you around and love you loads. Take good care
LOL Mum & Dad xxx Wanda xxx

  Mum & Dad Jan 13, 2007 6:17 AM

3

Hi Eddy
I forgot to mention on the message above - Shirley and Charles brought some Brandy Snap for us last weekend. I do not have to hide it away from you and it does seem to be lasting a little longer. I wonder why! As always Shirley and Charles were thinking about you and actually brought a special piece of Brandy Snap in an envelope marked Mr Eddy Bird, Somewhere in Oz, Special Delivery by Airmail. It was carefully wrapped in cling film and as flat as a pancake!!! I do think it was very difficult to make so consider yourself very lucky. (By the way we have eaten it and it was just delicious believe me)
I guess you will be a little nearer to your next destination now and we hope all goes well for you.
I am also sending another email Eddy so there will be two from us for you to read.
Enjoy yourself
With our love as always Mum Dad & Wanda x

  Mum & Dad Jan 13, 2007 8:37 PM

4

Hello Eddy
It does seem a while since we heard from you - do hope all is well and that you have now met up with Brian.
Mary does not know if Brian has internet access and I guess if he hasn't and you are a long way from town communication may be rather difficult.
John Wendy Lisa & Mark are coming for supper on Friday and then on Saturday we have been invited,with Mary, to join John and Barbara for a meal so looking forward to the weekend.
It continues to be very wild here - wet too - but also mild.
Not much else to report at the moment but we will keep logging on and hope to hear from you soon.
Take care LOL Mum & Dad xx

  Mum & Dad Jan 18, 2007 2:18 AM

5

Ey up Eddy!

Hope things are still good - I'm sure they are! You're no doubt a tad warmer than we are here! No snow yet (at least not this far south anyway).

Spoke to Westwood today - he sends his regards to you. Haven't spoken with anybody else recently (apart from Sausage last week) but do know that Pilsbury is off skiing this week. Still keep in touch with Grey Dad / Mita Mick and Pingu Warr. Thinking about JBO6 - any ideas? Thought a trip to Oz might be good but very much doubt that the majority of us would get a pass out. I'll keep you posted anyhow and take the camera along to email you a few pics!

Take care mate.

Aki.

  Andrew Atkinson Jan 24, 2007 7:48 AM

6

Hi Eddy and everyone
Just thought we would add a message as I guess you may all be wondering what has happened. Ed is out of communication at the moment. He is working on a cattle farm near Marborough and they do not have internet access and there is no mobile 'phone signal either. We have managed to make contact via a land line and all is well. Asked Brian the farmer how Eddy was and he said he was just fine, sitting back enjoying a 'tinnie' and watching the cricket! There was all of us thinking he was working really hard! Anyway had a quick word with Eddy and all is well so that's fine.
Just to update on Aki's comment above - we now have a dusting of snow which would quite happily swop for some sunshine and warmth please Eddy.
Anyway best wishes to everyone and take care Eddy.
LOL Mum & Dad xx

  Mum & Dad Jan 24, 2007 8:52 PM

7

Hi Eddy

We know it maybe some time before you may be able to read this message, if you receive it !,this is our trial run, I have managed to log onto the internet by myself without assistance from Simon.So you may not receive it.
Sue and Philip keep us informed of your whereabouts and glad to hear that you arrived safely at your new farm.
It doesn't sound as if you are missing HSBC,can't understand why not. It can't be as exciting rounding cattle up as undertaking B/R's, LP & I targets etc.

The wedding plans are making progress, it will be here before we know it at the rate January has disappeared.

Well now we have the test, how do we send this. If you receive this it will be a miracle. I will have to go for lessons with Sue and Philip.

All the best and take care

Charles and Shirely

  Charles & Shirley Jan 30, 2007 6:36 AM

8

Hi Eddy
Just a quicky and the message is really for Shirley & Charles. Well done - the message has got through to Halifax - so far so good!!
Hope all is well Eddy as it is here. Phil is out doing some dry stone walling but I am staying inside where its warm and caching up on one or two jobs.
Have just put some stew in the oven so that will warm Phil up when he comes in! Ice cubes in the freezer for you.
Do take care my love and hope to hear from you soon.
LOL Mum & Dad xx

  Mum & Dad Jan 31, 2007 12:02 AM

9

Eh up Eddy.

Hope you are well? Charlie wants to know if your folks are referin to sexual acts. Perhaps referring them to your unofficial site may open their eyes!

Had a day chillin in the parks in central london today really cool day!

Work is goin well at the moment think I will be in that end of the world later this year and maybe even visiting oz in which case will let u know and arrange to bump into each other.

Charlie says - she loves the smoke and has even lost her Bradford twang (sometimes). Have you met any sheilas?

Hope the surfer chicks are somewhere near the beauties we used to perv at from the 2nd floor in the Leeds sunshine.

Seem to be spendin weekends up and down the country at the moment. Havin a great time nice to chill this weekend tho!

Send me an e-mail some time if you get the chance. Is your phone the same no.?

The Eddy Bird london posse!

  Charlie Brown, Knibbsy, Nigel f**king legend Feb 4, 2007 7:41 AM

10

Ed, hope all is well!

All the best - John

  Hi Ed Feb 15, 2007 2:35 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.