Existing Member?

Ed in Oz Travels around the stations & pubs of Australia

New Years Day

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 1 January 2007 | Views [1075] | Comments [6]

Happy New Year to all.

Thanks for the Txts, and emails and hope you all have a happy and healthy 2007.

Had the day off today after a quite NYE with a few beers, and back at it at 5.30 tomorrow morning.

All being well I will be moving on to Marlborough on the coast above Rockhampton at the end of the week on another beef farm to see how other farms operate, but will updat again before, and will then try and get into another state for a month before my time in farming is up.

I want to work on a sheep farm before I get a pen pushing job again ! (comment welcome and expected !!) and as Mr Lyons has told me, the sheep out here are many in number and they not fussy.

Keep the resolutions coming.

Ed

Tags: Work

Comments

1

We have just had a game of Beetle which Ms won hands down - Andy thinks she was cheating! We are now on with initials of Nursery Rhymes / RADDTMIAT / now what does that stand for? Please email your answer asap as I want to win! Its really hard. Simon has gone to Leeds to watch football- they are playing Coventry so hope Leeds win. We were hoping to go for a walk but it has rained ever so hard so we are staying cosy and warm and will be going down to the Whaler for tea later on. Really missing your banter Eddy but its great to keep in touch.Shirley says Little Bo Peep has lost her sheep and wants you to find them for her please,(and they are not fussy)
Hope all goes well in Marlborough. Can you only do three months in Agriculture?
Must get on with this quiz now other wise I will get left behind. Take care Eddy. PS Charles says would you like him to send the job vacancies on to you as he does not want you to get withdrawal symptoms - he will also send a few pens out for you topush somewhere!
Will pass the computer onto Andy now so be good Eddy.xx

  Sue Phil Shirley Charles Ms Andy Emma J Simon Jan 2, 2007 1:34 AM

2

Ed,

Well I've just won the nursery rhyme competition - hands down. Actually I pretended to write you a message on this blog but was searching for nursery rhymes on t'internet instead!!! Anyway the one mum couldn't get was 'Rub A Dub Dub Three Men In A Tub'.

Catch you later mate

Andy

  Andy Bird Jan 2, 2007 2:28 AM

3

Mate

Just to update you Leeds did win!! Super Leeds.

It was a shame I missed the Nursery rhyme game that would of been intresting after a few stella's.

I have moved jobs since you left Ed. I am back in York as a Service and Sales Manager, been back two days and things going really well.

Take care mate,good luck with a pen pushing job.

Si.

  Simon Hustwit Jan 4, 2007 5:49 AM

4

Ed

Happy New Year fella!

Always remember for 2007: Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile.

'Pissing it down' here!

Had a great christmas with family and friends. Had a brill works xmas do in York. Felicity is now 3 and Thomas is 7 -super ages for xmas.

Good to see Mr Atkinson posting messages - hope you are well fella?

Can you understand why they play that crazy game Aussie Rules? Mate of mine going to Austrailia in Feb to check Sydney out has he has been offered a promotion - suggested he goes so that I can have some more(in addition to you!) cheap accomodation if me and the family visit as some point!!

Good luck with the 'pen pushing' hunting.

Lee

  Lee Windle Jan 4, 2007 6:19 AM

5

Hi Eddy
Where are you now? Off to 'Rocky' - the Beef Capital - with more than two million beasts to be found in a 250km radius of the city, so you had better start counting Eddy!
Do hope your rail journey went well and that you have met up with Brian OK.
All is well here. The funeral went as well as it could with probably more than 200 people paying their respects in the church in Queensbury. There was a wreath from Brian and family. We met up with alot of your farming friends John and Little John,Geoff,Keith and Wendy,Miles,Keith & Carol and everyone sends their best wishes out to you.
Jane and Henry are coming to stay for a couple of nights tomorrow and then on Sunday S&C, Aj&Ms,Si&Emj are coming over so we will hopefully have another nice family party, plenty of Stella and party poppers but don't worry we will drink a toast to you as we always do!
Its ever so mild here at the moment but we have had quite alot of rain and high winds.
We have just had another couple to look around The Croft so keep your fingers crossed.
Do hope all goes well for you in Rockhampton - guess it will be even warmer there so remember SLIP SLOP SLAP.
Enjoy and take care Eddy xx

  Mum & DAd Jan 6, 2007 6:18 AM

6

Happy New Year Edward
Hope you are settling in at Marlborough, it looks to be near the coast so you can go swimming but mind the stingrays.
Take care

  Caroline James Jan 7, 2007 4:04 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.