Existing Member?

Ed in Oz Travels around the stations & pubs of Australia

I have Internet

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 10 December 2006 | Views [442] | Comments [2]

Just to let you know I arrived in Springsure at 4am thismoring, and have just done a 14 hour day working in the cattle yard and moving cattle about in the yards.  I will take some phots later in the week as the size of it takes some beliving.  I think we will have mover around 500 cattle today, some back out onto the hills after health checks, some to meat market, some for sale, and some to stay inside for fattening.

Tags: Work

Comments

1

Eddy you must be really tired after your rail journey and then working a 14 hour day - abit like the bank really but without the cows - they don't witter at you!
It is good of you add an entry to the Blog so quickly and we ae delighted that we can still keep in touch like this, the wonders of modern communication are absolutely fantastic.
Well all your pals will be trying to hit the clays this morning but I think it will be more difficult than usual because it is quite windy and wet, but then again, they might manage better if they are wind assisted!
It was great to speak to you whilst you were on the train, such a lovely surprise and we await the simm card and then your instructions.
I spoke with Jane last night and gave her your details and she said she would put an entry on the Blog at some stage, or email you. I am putting your details in with Christmas cards so you can maybe look forward to more messages. I am getting everything ready for the post now - that is my job for the day - along with wrapping gifts.
It is 11am here so 9pm with you, have you finished work for the day and sorted another 500 cattle?
Take care my love and keep on slip, slap, slopping!

  Mum & Dad Dec 10, 2006 9:42 PM

2

Eddy just to let you know that we have sent a Google message to you so hope its arrived OK. Do you go to sleep at night counting cattle?

  Mum & Dad Dec 12, 2006 9:21 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.